Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Pham
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mb
Hey, I am looking for a party game that's fun and easy to teach and learn. (something along the lines of Cranium, Monopoly and Taboo)

Any suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb

Catch Phrase! is one of our family favorites.

Less fiddly than Taboo and even more fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwsparks
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
When the bullet hits the bone!
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you looked at Say Anything?

Quite a lot of fun. Easy to teach (takes all of a minute), good fun for casual groups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Giron
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My 2 favorites are Wits & Wagers and Apples to Apples.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I second Apples to Apples and also add Once Upon a Time: The Storytelling Card Game -- it may or may not fit your group, but my friends love telling stories and picked it up very quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
vandal2040 wrote:
Hey, I am looking for a party game that's fun and easy to teach and learn. (something along the lines of Cranium, Monopoly and Taboo)

Any suggestions?

For a game that is slightly similar to Cranium, but is a lot wackier and wilder, check out Quelf.

If you enjoy Balderdash and the thought of having to do improvised creative writing doesn't stress you out, I highly recommend Beyond Balderdash, Why Did the Chicken...?, or Quip It!.

For a slightly different party game experience that is a little more subdued, a little less stressful perhaps, and is a great little "get to know you" type of game, take a look at GiftTRAP.

Or if you don't mind spending a little money and have a very large, flat surface to play on, you might want to consider PitchCar.

Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank McGirk
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Time's Up may be the most fun I've had with a party game (and I like party games a lot).

I've introduced this to 3 very different groups and EVERYONE liked it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Washington

Long Island City
New York
msg tools
For the ultimate combination of simplicity and fast-moving fun, you can't do any better than Ca$h 'n Gun$. The basic game is only for 6, but Ca$h 'n Gun$: Yakuzas pulls it up to 9 and Ca$h 'n Gun$: Live pushes it to a massive team goof for dozens at once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lisa smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try
25 words or less
Big taboo
Hoopla

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Hyde
Australia
Blue Mountains
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Pit! Pit! Pit!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Pham
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mb
cool! thanks for all the input, ill do some research on these games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wong
United States
Daly City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have to give another vote for Time's Up!. I'll recommend the latest expansion, Time's Up! Title Recall! though. This game is great especially if you like Taboo. You may have to get your group comfortable with the charades portion, but this game is a blast with the right crowd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Faust
United States
Malverne
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My two favorite party games at the moment are Say Anything and Cluzzle. Lots of fun, both of them.

As an aside, Monopoly is decidedly not easy to teach...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aram Schvey
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Time's up is fantastic -- lots of fun. I definitely recommend it again. Since buying it, it's become our favorite party game, and everyone who's played it seems to love it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Pham
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mb
quick question, i was looking into time's up, but i can't seem to find where i can get it... it seems like boardgamerevolution.com has it, but im kinda iffy on online shopping. Any reputable sites i should check? or better yet, any stores that carry this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vandal2040 wrote:
quick question, i was looking into time's up, but i can't seem to find where i can get it... it seems like boardgamerevolution.com has it, but im kinda iffy on online shopping. Any reputable sites i should check? or better yet, any stores that carry this?

www.coolstuffinc.com has it in stock for $20. I've bought many games from them and they are terrific. Great customer service, good prices, good shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Pham
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mb
time's up was a great pick!, anything else guys? i was thinking about dirty minds, but how fun is it really?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fenwick
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dirty Minds is pretty insipid. It's just a bunch of silly double-entendres you read from a booklet. I have it. Sometimes we pull out the booklet to read some of the questions for a very light chuckle, but we've never actually played a whole game.

Attribute can be fun -- sort of an Apples to Apples style, but wackier. I must say that the Ca$h 'n Gun$ family of games will get your inner gangster to be revealed... very fun (as anything, with the right crowd).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Eskridge
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If Cash n Guns interests you, consider The Resistance (I designed it). Sort of a cross between Cash n Guns' "cop in the mafia" variant and Werewolf. People are liking it so far :)

Don

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.