Popular Tags: [View All]
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
We haven't made an official announcment about this yet, but Matt Marinani, the marketing manager for Out of the Box for the last 5 years, has recently joined the North Star Games team. He lives in Michigan, so we flew him down to DC for a week-long strategy meeting so we could all get on the same page.

The meeting was pretty intense, but we took two breaks during the week to play Sorry! Sliders. Both times were so much fun that we played several times before going back to work. It's silly fun, but it's great for stress release.

We can't hear the doorbell from our office in my basement, so we puchased a doorbell extension. This extension sits next to the doorbell speaker, and it sends a signal to a doorbell in the basement everytime the doorbell rings. The thing is, it also goes off when we cheer really loud. It went off a few times during our first session of Sliders. The last game of Sliders we plaed was a 3 doorbell game! That's our new measure of how much fun a party game is...

So what does this all mean? Nothing. It's just a silly story about having fun playing Sliders.

----------

NOTE: At first I posted his as a session report. After I pressed submit, I found out it was going to a review process. Weird. Then I was informed that it was rejected with several snide remarks. Why the snide remarks? Just tell me where something frivilous like this should get posted. I don't really care where it goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Dam
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep I need me some Sorry Sliders! to get through those awkward Christmas BBQ's with family that I haven't seen in 12 months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Neil Thomson wrote:
Yep I need me some Sorry Sliders! to get through those awkward Christmas BBQ's with family that I haven't seen in 12 months.

Christmas & BBQ are two words I've never put together. I love that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beef It's Whats for Dinner
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you said Sliders, I thought we were goin' to White Castle...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Neil Thomson wrote:

That's the perfect Sliders occasion. It's definitely a group game. I played a two player game against my wife over coffee yesterday morning and it was a 0 doorbell game. soblue It was still fun (I did run around the room moaning at one point, with my arms flailing in the air), but not loud enough to set off the doorbell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.