Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Koen
Belgium
Rotselaar
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought AoE III at Essen 08, but it's not version 2 as the scoreboard is not as big as on the pics of v2 here on BGG, but it's defenitely bigger then the scoreboard of version 1. Is there a version 1.5 I didn't hear about? I'll try to upload some pics as soon as I can.

version 1:

version 2:

version 1.5 (notice the scoretrack and the colonist dock):

edited to add the pics of version 1.5
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps this was the European edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris C.
United States
Goshen
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
"Somewhere over the rainbow..."
mbmbmbmbmb
Here in the states I've seen two different copies. The boards are first ed. style, but the discovery tiles are different sizes. Not sure why the difference. Maybe they are selling mixed combinations as parts run out. As long as you got all your parts in the box its all good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koen
Belgium
Rotselaar
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:

Guess so, have seen a pic of a Spanish board which is identical to mine, didn't know there was gonna be both a version 2 and a European edition.

Anyway, there are some new buildings included in my version so am happy that I did actually buy the latest edition

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
"Where are you from?" "Long story. The Pacific Ocean, I guess."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we see pictures of the new capital buildings too? 8D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koen
Belgium
Rotselaar
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mythdracon wrote:
Can we see pictures of the new capital buildings too? 8D

sure, they are being approved as we speak I'll add them to the post asap.

1) MINT… (Age I):

2) OVERPOPULATION…(Age II):

edited to add the pics
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm....they look like recycled images from old capital buildings. I'm thinking Privateers = Mint, for example. XD

Thanks for posting the images though. Do you have the other images for the other capital buildings?

And does anyone know why only a few new capital buildings are being placed in each new edition? Why not have them all in? :S

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Sweet
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mythdracon wrote:
And does anyone know why only a few new capital buildings are being placed in each new edition? Why not have them all in? :S

What do you mean by this? There are 3 versions of the game that I know about. Version 1 and Version 2 published in English in the USA. The only difference is the board and box size. The european version (published by someone different) has a different board and 2 extra buildings.

I think that sums up the 3 versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm talking about the European editions, which have selective new capital buildings placed in them. All of them have the complete copies of the original capital buildings, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
i bought mine at Essen as well - haven't taken it out of the shrink wrap yet, so not sure what version i have, or what buildings - will get back to you all on that...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Drover
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually went to Essen for a couple of quick days and spent some time in the Asmodee'/ Pro Ludo booth (the publishers of the European version of the game). The game looked great. Terrific production values!

The languages produced were German, French, Spanish, Italian (I think), Czech, Russian, and Polish (I think).

This version of the game is based on the original version from the U.S. (as the deal was done quite a while ago), but has the two exclusive buildings shown above as an 'extra value'. (I actually submitted four new ones, but these were what they decided on). I like them! Not radically new ideas (Mint is alot like the Rum Distillery, and OverPopulation is similar to Indian Allies), but adds a bit more diversity to the Capital Buildings, which means that players won't be as assured about which ones will become available in any given play session.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Drover
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Note: The scoring track in the European version is the better one from version 2.0 in the U.S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Budley wrote:
Note: The scoring track in the European version is the better one from version 2.0 in the U.S.

But the Colonist dock has gone back to 3 lines, instead of the updated 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
not english?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koen
Belgium
Rotselaar
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Mjeh wrote:
not english?

I bought the European version in English from Pro Ludo, so it's out there if you want it

QWG has released a Dutch version of the game, but they didn't have it with them at Essen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
i'm not sure what stand i bought mine at - 35 euro, anyways - cheapest i saw at spiel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:

yep italian version has the same board, same score track

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Davis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody been playing the new buildings, Overpopulation and Mint??

Mint can be a great moneymaker while also strengthening the player's economy for big time endgame VPs. In my last game England got both Overpop and Mint (and managed Distillery too), but lost by 2 pts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.