Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Monsterpocalypse» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Terrasaurs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
thomas honneffer
United States
California
flag msg tools
Armodax+Ultra Armodax
Carnidon*** x2
Carnidon x5
Spikodon** x2
Brontox*** x1
Raptix x5

Armodax has a host of abilities that he confers to his adgenda units. Hit&Run, and shelter make him a good support monster.
I like using his super stomp ability to quickly boost my power dice. It is really satisfying to watch a block of building tumble when he passes by.

Ultra Armodax gains a boost to strength, defense, and power attack. He also benefits from resiliance and super strength. I'm not sure how I would use him yet, most of my battles have revolved around Armodax throwing opponent into the range of my units.

Carnidon 1 elite and 2 regulars traveling as a pack would have a combined brawl attack of 12 dice. The leadership bonus can't be overlooked. If Armodax was still around they could use the hit and run ability to move closwer to and objective or close in on another enemy unit.

Spikodon** has a blast range of 5,strength 2action dice, 2 boost dice. Explosion ability damages all adjacent figures(does this include buildings?) that have defense lower than the hits rolled. Spikodon by itself could potentially damage a monster. Two in a pack making combined blast attacks would be lethal. I usually field two at a time to provide aircover for my carnidons and brontoxes.

Brontox was designed to hold objectives. While dug in on a power zone or negative zone it gains cover and can use an action to spawn 1 Faction unit. Fortify allows it to give +1 Brawl dice to aligned figures within 2 spaces.

Raptix would would help to take care of any flyers that my oponent might have with it's anti-air and jump abilities. Flank would help the Carnidons to boost thier individual attacks against enemy units or Monsters.

If you all have any suggestions I would really like to hear them. The area that I'm in is really small and the local store only got 4 starters and a 1 case each of Unit and Monster boosters. So my gaming community is small.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Dooley
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
How the hell did you get 4 brontox's?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Sundstrom
United States
Grass Valley
California
flag msg tools
Maybe I'm mistaken here, and please correct me if I am, but the Spikadons are Elite units. Putting your elite unit count 2 over the max of 5 (rulebook p.23).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas honneffer
United States
California
flag msg tools
You are right. I don't know how I didn't see that. I fixed it though, so it should be a legal force. I appreciate the quick input though. thanks a bunch.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mordhiem wrote:
Spikodon** has a blast range of 5,strength 2action dice, 2 boost dice. Explosion ability damages all adjacent figures(does this include buildings?) that have defense lower than the hits rolled. Spikodon by itself could potentially damage a monster. Two in a pack making combined blast attacks would be lethal. I usually field two at a time to provide aircover for my carnidons and brontoxes.


Spikodon Explosion cannot damage a monster (or building). A unit is defined as a unit only. Grunts and elites. Not a monster, not a building.

Brontox's Fortify applies to units of the same agenda - not aligned units.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Saad
United States
Foster City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
Mordhiem wrote:
Spikodon** has a blast range of 5,strength 2action dice, 2 boost dice. Explosion ability damages all adjacent figures(does this include buildings?) that have defense lower than the hits rolled. Spikodon by itself could potentially damage a monster. Two in a pack making combined blast attacks would be lethal. I usually field two at a time to provide aircover for my carnidons and brontoxes.


Spikodon Explosion cannot damage a monster (or building). A unit is defined as a unit only. Grunts and elites. Not a monster, not a building.

Brontox's Fortify applies to units of the same agenda - not aligned
units.


explosion hits all figures adjacent to the target unit,that incudes monsters and buildings, so long as you roll enough strikes to beat their defence.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
salamangkero wrote:
explosion hits all figures adjacent to the target unit,that incudes monsters and buildings, so long as you roll enough strikes to beat their defence.


You are correct, I apologize.

The TARGET must be a unit. Which means you have to attack a unit next to a monster to have a chance to harm the monster.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hoskins
United States
OKC
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
salamangkero wrote:
Geosphere wrote:
Mordhiem wrote:
Spikodon** has a blast range of 5,strength 2action dice, 2 boost dice. Explosion ability damages all adjacent figures(does this include buildings?) that have defense lower than the hits rolled. Spikodon by itself could potentially damage a monster. Two in a pack making combined blast attacks would be lethal. I usually field two at a time to provide aircover for my carnidons and brontoxes.


Spikodon Explosion cannot damage a monster (or building). A unit is defined as a unit only. Grunts and elites. Not a monster, not a building.

Brontox's Fortify applies to units of the same agenda - not aligned
units.


explosion hits all figures adjacent to the target unit,that incudes monsters and buildings, so long as you roll enough strikes to beat their defence.


This is a very fine distinction in the rules and an important one. It came up more than once in the MonPoc tournament at Top Deck in Tulsa last weekend. It caught more than one player off guard.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas honneffer
United States
California
flag msg tools
Noted.

Alot of the rules have broad interpetations, but a few have very specific boundries.
With that being said, if you don't use the explosion ability can you still target a monster with spikedons blast attack?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mordhiem wrote:
Alot of the rules have broad interpetations, but a few have very specific boundries.


I don't see that at all. I see that any rule you read carefully is mighty specific.

Once we realized Spikys need to target a unit and not a monster, we just figured it was too much trouble to get them in position. The rule is clear, its just that we internalized it as a strategy by extension.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hannu Pajula
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Spikodons can target buildings and enemy monsters as well as units, but Explosion triggers only when target is a unit.

It is also worth noticing that the explosion has been toned down in January errata document. It does not blow up structures anymore cry Spikodons are still good, but not as ridiculously good as they used to be.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gallagher
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Spikodon is definitely still a solid unit and awesome to bring along with Bellowers. That explosion trigger is HUGE for Terrasaur CC/Disruption.

Between that and Tow you have great tools for field manipulation, hating on their power base and clearing screens.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max POWER
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Suggestions for your list? It's been a while since I played but I'll chime in anyway.
Having at least one spikadon is a great idea - it's explosion trigger is fantastic and has that wonderful 5 space range. Your raptix are nice against enemy flying units but they have to get close first and can only take out one at a time. Your explosion trigger can take out bunches and is great against flyers - those flyers don't get cover from blast attacks, and your heavy hitting carnidons can't reach them anyway so blast away!
Having a brontox or 2 should also be handy. Once you get one on a power zone, it should use it's nesting action every unit turn. Experiment with nesting different units depending on the situation and location of the brontox to see what works best.
Armodax can be a difficult monster to use effectively once people get good at screening with units to not let you get aligned for 'Dax's big attack - super smash. But by using super stomp, you can take multiple turns in a row with your monster, eliminating screens while gathering obscene amounts of power dice so you can do super dmg smashes to him consecutive turns. This works extra well if you can secure a building with the Shuffle ability such as an Office or better yet, the insurance HQ.
This is a great game. Have fun!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gallagher
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Series 1 Terrasaur monsters pale in comparison to monsters like Yahseth and Sky Sentinel.

I loved Terrasaur when I first got some but sadly they just do not pull weight at all.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.