Steel Driver» Forums » Variants

Subject: Hidden money rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alain Hubert
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hello everyone,

I've bought this game in Essen and have just read the rules. It looks very good and I'm eager to play it (most probably this Thursday).

From the rules, I see the money cannot be hidden. My experience with my group of players shows that this kind of game sometimes leads to analysis paralysis. I was thinking that hiding profit money would solve this because it would be much more difficult to compute all players revenues.

Any advice or comment on that possible variant?

Thanks,

Alain

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Wallace
United Kingdom
Manchester
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Hi,

There is no need to keep investment cubes hidden, in fact they should be open knowledge.

It is not important to keep profit hidden as the final share payments are more important. Hitting the player with the most money in the game is a good way to waste time. You want to hit the player who has the best potential shares.

Martin Wallace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Smith
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Martin Wallace is of course right

Furthermore -apart from an absence of reasons- hidden money to me is nonsense because it can be easily known be remembering the payout of the last rounds. (aka hidden trackable information). What you'd end up with is a "memory game".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.