Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Levin
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ThoughHammer now has a note indicating that Rio Grande has imposed a "street date" of Oct. 31st. I guess I won't be getting it this week.

Boulder Games lists it as in stock. I wonder if they have to abide by the street date as well?

Anyway, I guess I'll have to keep waiting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Neumann
United States
Whitefish Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
In life you have to do a lot of things you don't f*cking want to do. Many times, that's what the f*ck life is... one vile f*cking task after another.
mb
The guy who owns my FLGS told me that it hit the warehouse today, and should be on the shelves Friday so the 31st sounds right.

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Fairplaygames.com told me the same thing and to expect it next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy shipped today, is due to arrive Thursday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgot to mention - Game Surplus is sending it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Barnes
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What the heck is this "street date"? They said it should be in our hands by the 31st and then they institute some sort of rule that the retailers can't ship until the 31st? Is this pretty much the case? Cause that is REALLY lame. I was excited because we were doing halloween games and Fearsome Floors is tied up in that order, not to mention that I've been chomping at the bit for this. Some people's orders have already shipped and the rest of us have to wait? WHAT'S THE DEAL RIO GRANDE!!!???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
Living in the antipodes is the pits (when it comes to getting your hands on the latest games).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McIlhatton
New Zealand
Palmerston North
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually I don't find that there is that much delay...

And the bonus is we don't need to trudge through 6' of snow to get to our FLGS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AxonDomini
United States
Smithtown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frank Hamrick wrote:

Hmm... Game Surplus lists it on backorder, and I haven't gotten an e-mail regarding my own pre-order of Dominion. Should I be concerned?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Tuxbury
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
badge
SHAZAM!
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffk wrote:
Frank Hamrick wrote:

Hmm... Game Surplus lists it on backorder, and I haven't gotten an e-mail regarding my own pre-order of Dominion. Should I be concerned?

I didn't receive a confirmation from GS, but it arrived today anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AxonDomini
United States
Smithtown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ltux wrote:
jeffk wrote:
Frank Hamrick wrote:

I didn't receive a confirmation from GS, but it arrived today anyway.

I sent them an e-mail, and mine went out today. I should get it tomorrow, based on my past orders from Game Surplus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Spade
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffk wrote:
I sent them an e-mail, and mine went out today.

Rumor has it they were just informed that they now have to keep their remaining stock under wraps until Friday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Canton Games, who will be the main vendor at EuroQuest next week, has copies of Dominion in stock and is offering a nice discount to anyone who wants to pre-order a copy and pick it (and other games) up at the convention. For details, see:

http://euroquest.gamesclubofmd.org/EQ_Vendor.aspx

And I'd also like to add that Dominion has been named the Hot New Essen game for EuroQuest VI, so expect it to be played alot in the Wild Card event there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Tummelson
United States
Placitas
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently, I established street dates for new games at the request of several retailers so that they would all be able to start selling the game on the same date.

Jay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Tummelson
United States
Placitas
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently, I established street dates for new games at the request of several retailers so that they would all be able to start selling the game on the same date.

Jay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Barnes
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's apparently working REALLY well since my FLGS is selling it the day BEFORE the street date, while those who pre-ordered are still waiting on ours to SHIP! If this keeps up, pre-ordering is pretty pointless. It just holds up orders and annoys the piss out of you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Bridges
United States
Nazareth
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
That's two votes for Emperor
mbmbmbmbmb
riogames wrote:

Jay

I don't know if it has occurred to you, but for a business that thrives on online sales, Friday street dates seem like an odd choice. Monday thru Wednesday seems to make more sense to me. That way, you don't add an extra 1-2 days ship time to all Friday release items. Just for the customer's benefit, that's all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Cappello
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swingjunkie wrote:
That's apparently working REALLY well since my FLGS is selling it the day BEFORE the street date, while those who pre-ordered are still waiting on ours to SHIP! If this keeps up, pre-ordering is pretty pointless. It just holds up orders and annoys the piss out of you.

Agreed.

So much for the age-old and well-respected model of commerce that actually involves selling stuff to people who want it when you have it.

WTF?

I wrote a rant a few years ago about a dude who had a game in his hands at an FLGS who refused to sell it to me because it wouldn't scan - He even knew what the price was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bourrillion
United States
Mountain View
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kennylibido wrote:
So much for the age-old and well-respected model of commerce that actually involves selling stuff to people who want it when you have it.

Come on now, that's a little harsh, given that this is exactly the way it already works for books, cds, dvds, video games, iphones, etc. It means people know what to expect. Puts a little predictability into the picture -- what would be so wrong with that?

I guess your real beef is that some retailers broke the embargo, but your beef is with them, then, not with RGG.

(also: I heard that they had all the reels for The Dark Night present at your local theater DAYS before they started showing it. those bastards!)

having said all that... still no "we shipped your order" email from b&b! aaaaaaaaaaah!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Di Toro
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kevinb9n wrote:
Come on now, that's a little harsh, given that this is exactly the way it already works for books, cds, dvds, video games, iphones, etc. It means people know what to expect. Puts a little predictability into the picture -- what would be so wrong with that?

Actually I'm glad you brought that up, because it would have been nice if the online retailers could have done what Amazon does for pre-releases and ship them out so that they arrive at the customer on the release date, instead of just ship them out on the release date. This could actually help out the retailers as they could stagger out the shipments based on the region where they are shipping and shipping times instead of having to ship out everything on one day and people getting upset because they didn't make the first day of shipments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith

Cold Spring Harbor
New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My order just shipped from boardsandbits.com

This is after I checked with them over email; they said they'll be getting all the preorders over this weekend (today, Nov 1st, being the latest).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.