Ken Takacs
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am happy to see that Decision Games will be publishing a Board Game version of Lost Battles if it receives the required 500 preorders (pledges). However, the 500 pledges must be received by December 31, 2008, so there is not much time. However, Decision Games states on its website that there should be a very fast turnaround on this game. Follow this link for more details:

http://www.decisiongames.com/html/pledge_page.html

Lost Battles is fascinating not only because is it a fun game, but because it offers a useful model that can be employed to gain insight into the deployments and tactics used in the battles. I play the game mostly on the computer, but I would much prefer a board game version. This would obviously make the game more accessible to players. Here's hoping that Decision Games gets the 500 pledges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Shydler
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the heads-up on this. Put in my order. Hope 499 others do as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pre-ordered as well. It should be a great step-up for ancients gamers looking for a flexible tactical rules set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is a revised & improved version of Prof. Sabin's rules _Strategos_ which were published by the Society of Ancients.

The book (a paperback copy is optionally included with the DG rules) contains his analysis of a number of ancient battles, and describes his thought process for modeling the combat. So you get not only rules, but the complete "thought experiment" which created them. And if you disagree with some aspect of his interpretation, you have the historical information to alter the assumptions and see how it turns out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kenntak wrote:
I am happy to see that Decision Games will be publishing a Board Game version of Lost Battles if it receives the required 500 preorders (pledges). However, the 500 pledges must be received by December 31, 2008, so there is not much time. However, Decision Games states on its website that there should be a very fast turnaround on this game.

What was the final status of this? The website does not seem to have any info...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Sabin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
See my latest news post, and the now updated website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Stewart
United States
Bowie
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Darn, Was hoping the game would be here by now (Oct 2009).

At least I can hunt down the book and order it
(since my pre-order combo was changed to "game-only").

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.