Subject: Confused about the rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Petr Zikeš
Czech Republic
Kremze
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I bought this interesting game in Essen. After reading and studying the rules many times I have problems with the rules.
Especially with the article 4.3. of the rules.

Im not sure about this examples of situations: when the stragglers (bombers) must take off, from which directions the aircaft can reach the "other" combat square and how to manage this changes on the plotting board, where I have only ONE plane for the whole group?

For example can I split my 6 bombers and turn and go left with 3 and go straight with the rest?

If someone is more sure of the rules or discovered the same probs, I appreciate any discussion here or you can send me a geekmail. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Oldham
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Hi;

No Problems:-

4.3 talks about venturing off the combat boards. On your plotting board there are about 80 squares. Imagine they represent 80 combat boards (as you know each square represents 1 set of combat boards).
Well as you only receive 1 set of combat boards, the markers represent you going of the edge and into another (imaginary)set of combat boards. If you exit of the Eastern or Western edge then you use a White Marker. If you exit the Northern or Southern Edge then you would turn over the other White Markers so they display Black.
This is so you can keep track of aircraft. This is rare and hardly ever used, but it does happen.
The markers are used until every aircraft is on the same set of Combat Boards (or are taken off as a Straggler). Be Mindful that the fighters are chasing the bombers and if the distance increases more than 1 set of Combat Boards the aircraft lagging are taken off (due to it would becoming much more complicated to continue on).

To Clarify:- Stragglers are taken off if there is a distance of more than 1 combat board to the closest aircraft.

Yes you can split your Bombers once their line of travel has been breached or they are fired upon (usually the later) Pg 14 British rule book.

Hopefully this answers your questions

Cheers

Tim Oldham

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tell me a bit more about this.
Did you enjoy playing or did you get bored with it soon.
Is it as complicated as it looks.
How about the game components, any good....

Looks very unusuall which of course makes it interesting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Franchini
Italy
Sorano (GR)
flag msg tools
mb
looking for this game
Hi all this game seem to promit a lot especially with its 3d battle board ! Can anynoe tell me where I could find this masterpiece ???
pls let me know,
Francesco Franchini

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.