Subject: LOOKS LIKE rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"GreyLord" kindly drew my attention to conquest of the empire, thinking it might be for me.
So I checked it out, great photos and wouldn't these miniatures look magnificent if painted?, and couldn't help wonder if it was anything like Axis and Alies.
Looking at the photos, not knowing the gamerules (obviously) I get the impression it might.

Yes really looks like great fun, now I only have to try and find it over here in Europe. I really envy you guys who pick all these games up for peanuts.

soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In Germany, the price is 19 € - not really expensive...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Larry Harris designed both games and I find they've a number of similarities-- especially using theoriginal combat system etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
€19, that's very cheap indeed, but is that NEW?
I was just in touch wich a german chap in the market place section of BGG who wants to sell a copy but is asking €39.

I surely prefer you price.
could you tell me where they sell it at that price

vielen Dank
(leider war ich zu faul um das Ganze in Deutsch zu schreiben)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sagitar wrote:
€19, that's very cheap indeed, but is that NEW?
I was just in touch wich a german chap in the market place section of BGG who wants to sell a copy but is asking €39.

I surely prefer you price.
could you tell me where they sell it at that price

vielen Dank
(leider war ich zu faul um das Ganze in Deutsch zu schreiben)

Es gibt Leute bei BGG das Deutsch lesen und schreiben koennte, aber die Menge von Leute hier kann nicht. Wenn Sie woellen mehre Antworten, zu auf Aeglischen verschreiben besser ist. Jedoch mir ist es egal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cool
Well I figured our american friends might enjoy a bit of a puzzle, trying to find out what was said in german.
Haha, I may go dutch on you next.

To avoid people fearing some conspiracy going on, I'll translate and tell you all I just told our germand friend I was too lazy to write the whole bit in german.snore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zippadeedoodah
Netherlands
Almere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Freddy, I won't begin to correct your (or Moshe's) German (although I could ). You can buy this game at amazon.de for the ridiculously low price of 19 euros.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks 'zippie',

I'll have a look.
Would you know a local source where I could buy games from the Pike and Musket series?

Oh I feel very tempted to upset Moshe by writing something in dutch.
Sorry Moshe, just teasing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
had a look at the amazon site and indeed they have some games that are on my list.
do you have any experience in ordering from amazon?

I'm particulary interested in how much they charge for postage and apparenlty there is some kind of extra charge for customs.
Somehow I figured we might have gotten rid of that kind of nonsense with the whole euro thing.
Is everything on their games in german? ( would sort of make sense as they're probably buying for a german market)

Thanks for the informationlaugh

Oh dear I hear you all think, now we've got those people from the Netherlands discussing money, what'll be next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read Dutch fluently too. Typing in it is something else.

sagitar wrote:
Thanks 'zippie',

I'll have a look.
Would you know a local source where I could buy games from the Pike and Musket series?

Oh I feel very tempted to upset Moshe by writing something in dutch.
Sorry Moshe, just teasing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zippadeedoodah
Netherlands
Almere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
do you have any experience in ordering from amazon?

Yep, I ordered games from them before.

Quote:
I'm particulary interested in how much they charge for postage and apparenlty there is some kind of extra charge for customs.
Somehow I figured we might have gotten rid of that kind of nonsense with the whole euro thing.

We did. I believe Amazon prices (unlike Dutch internet stores) are usually excluding tax. (It's an American thing not to mention tax until you get to the checkout. Remember that amazon is an American company.) The 'extra' sum is German sales tax - about 15% or so. Postage&packing is something like 6 euros I believe.

Note that there is no customs charge if you buy from within the European Union.

Quote:
Is everything on their games in german? ( would sort of make sense as they're probably buying for a german market)

No, this strongly depends on the game. Usually it will say in the description whether it is in English. If it does not say, it will normally be in German. However, this game was never published in German as far as I know.

One more remark: I double-checked, but you cannot order this particular game from amazon.de. Apparently they won't deliver this one to the Netherlands.

I would therefore advise you to go to the original German seller of this item, spiele-offensive.de. There you can actually buy it, and they will ship it to the Netherlands. The shipping charge is 8 euros, or only 4 euros if you order 40 euros of stuff or more. I have ordered games from them several times (including a copy of Conquest of the Empire!), using a bank transfer - a bank service that is free of charge within the EU. To guarantee their deliveries they even provide an insurance service, free of charge. On their site they always indicate if a game is in English or not. (They sell the English version of Conquest of the Empire.) Oh, and all their prices are including tax.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Note that there is no customs charge if you buy from within the European Union.

See that's what surprised me, as that was what I'd expected, but from their website I really got the impression they were going to charge me for custom fees. ahwell, mayb I misread.

Thanks also for telling me they don't deliver to the Netherlands, weird that, as I had not noticed. But I've received an e-mail from them, so maybe they'll confirm that in said message.
Taking your advise I'll check out the original site, maybe I'll even be able to pick up some further games I'd love to buy.

Your information is very much appreciated.
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hiya 'zippie'

Thanks for all your advise.
Indeed you were very right about amazon, they won't ship any game to the Netherlands, I wonder why that is.

So I moved on to your other german seller and indeed they've got a lot of games I like (there goes the holiday money).

Maybe you'd care to explain this bank transfer to me and how this works.
I'll try and get in touch with them and find out a way to pay for stuff, but if you've allready cracked that problem, feel free to contact me on my e-mail (no need to bother others with details) and tell me all about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zippadeedoodah
Netherlands
Almere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not true that Amazon.de does not ship games to the Netherlands. It depends on the game. Games that they sell 'themselves' (no third party involved) they will sell abroad. I know, because I have one here that I ordered from them. Games that they sell on behalf of third-party sellers, that depends on those sellers.

I will send you a (Dutch) geekmail with a reply as to the details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well,

I contacted them suggesting there were four games I was interested in buying.Games they have themselfs.
And they told me they didn't ship them to the Netherlands.
They've got a graphic on their site wich shows postage costs and it clearly shows they don't ship any toys to the Netherlands.

They even gave me instructions should I wish to purchase from third buyers.
All very complicated and a bit strange I think, so I simply won't bother.

Got your mail, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.