Saint Petersburg» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Cooper
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Present: Phil, Andrew, Martin
BGG comes through again. While browsing Boardgamegeek and thinking about the West Australian Board Gaming's next meeting what do I notice? Other gamers posting from Western Australia! A few geek messages are exchanged and a new member Andrew (BGG handle antiussentiment) shows up to our regular Friday night get togethers. We find out during this evening he has other friends that he games with and so, thanks to the Geek, our gaming circle is increased. We started the evening around 7.45pm, much later than our scheduled start time of 6.30pm. This can be frustrating after waiting all week for the night to arrive but at least we did eventually get underway. First game to hit the board was St Petersburg - we were still waiting for one other arrival and in addtion to being great fun this game does not have a long run-time. Andrew hadn't played before and so took the game familiarising himself with the rules and the scoring system. Phil and I (Martin) seem to have settled into the obvious strategy of being careful with $ early, getting a bucket load of green workers, then going for it with the aristocrats (and to a certain extent the buildings too). It was a tight fought game but ,alas for me, Phil edged me out by a couple of points. Both of us had some excess cash at the end so we had not played entirely optimally - we could have spent that cash using the Pub and got a few more points out of our valuable $s. I have heard that others have become bored with this game due to the pre-programmed strategy that it eventually produces (once one has got enough experience). However, I can see this hitting the table a lot this year.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.