Popular Tags: [View All]
Wilhelm Fitzpatrick
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So a question on movement: the rules discuss what to do when as a result of movement, a unit's entry into an area causes that area to become overstacked.

However, what I'm wondering is if a unit is prevented from moving through a space if there are:

a) unit(s) already in the space and
b) the presence of those unit(s) would prevent the moving unit from physically fitting in the space.

Example: a long unit wishes to move into and past a space into which it normally would fit, but the space contains a light infantry, and there is no arrangement by which both counters could fit into the intermediate space. The destination space is assumed to have room for the long unit.

My interpretation is "no", based on the statement in 7.3: "A unit may only enter or occupy an area into which it can physically fit"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rafial wrote:
However, what I'm wondering is if a unit is prevented from moving through a space if there are:

a) unit(s) already in the space and
b) the presence of those unit(s) would prevent the moving unit from physically fitting in the space.

It is, yes. Square units can stack, and overstack, but Long Units cannot, so, like you say,
Quote:
7.3: "A unit may only enter or occupy an area into which it can physically fit"

I don't see any question on that one...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.