Condottiere» Forums » General

Subject: Example of Play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dw
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Could some one please post an example of one round of play? I find the rules quite confusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Log in to www.gametableonline.com and play against robots. (Create a game, set the number of players to 4, then press "start" with nobody but you there, and you will be playing robots).

This will give you a good idea of how it plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played this game in a long time, and even then, only one game, but here goes..... do be sure to double check rules for specifics......

--Someone who won the last round chooses a territory to fight over. At game's beginning, I believe this person is randomly choosen.
--He makes a first move by placing a card down from his hand
^Standard mercenaries contribute face value strength. They can be taken back into your hand of cards with the "scarecrow card" at a rate of one meceneary per scarecrow card. If someone plays a "winter card", all of those mercernaries have their strengths reduced to one.
^"Joan Of Arc cards", like mercenaries but colored blue IIRC always have a strength of 10. Even if someone plays the winter card. However, you may NOT use the Scarecrow card to take it back into your hand. Once committed, these Joan Of Arc cards are gone until you get another hand of cards, and even then, possibly.
^Surrender card means the round ends immediately. Whoever has the highest strength wins
^The bishop card is a call for truce and peace. All cards get wasted and no1 wins regardless of who had what strength
--play keeps going around and around in clockwise order until no one has any cards left to put down. Note, even if you have a higher mercenary strength then your opponents, you MUST always put down a card in order to stay in! The person who backs out is the person who can't throw in a card... it has nothign to do with strength!

That's all i can remember. Hopefully that'll be enough to get you started.

wmshub wrote:
Log in to www.gametableonline.com and play against robots. (Create a game, set the number of players to 4, then press "start" with nobody but you there, and you will be playing robots).

This will give you a good idea of how it plays.
online version of board games are always welcome. Thanks for the link!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P B
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will confess as well, that I think the rulebook is a little confusing. I would love to see a video tutorial of this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.