Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roberto Silva
Italy
CARPI (MO)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

I know that this great game can be played solo (look at my thread http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/337050); now I have received the game, read the rules and I have a simple doubt:

- when you play solitaire WITH ONLY 1 HERO, what version is the correct one? competitive or cooperative?

The doubt comes after looking at the cooperative version rules ... using cooperative version, the Villain get bonus on wounds and combat, it heals faster, etc ...; okay, the cost to investigate e town Elder's secret is reduced to 1 (instead of 2) but seems to me that this doesn't balance a much stronger Villain that you have to "fight" alone!

Let me know ...

Thanks in advance!

Roberto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seiya V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say whatever is your preference. If you want a harder game, do the co-op version including the co-op chart.

I think playing the competitive version will make it a bit easier to win, but overall it won't change too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Gaskill
United States
Bridgeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rsitaly wrote:
Hello!

I know that this great game can be played solo (look at my thread http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/337050); now I have received the game, read the rules and I have a simple doubt:

- when you play solitaire WITH ONLY 1 HERO, what version is the correct one? competitive or cooperative?

Thanks in advance!

Roberto

Is this just me ? but how would you play a 1 Hero Solo as cooperative?
Who is that 1 Hero suppose to cooperate with?The cooperative
version involves more tha 1 Hero which is why the Villian gets
puffed up.

Obviously you can use the cooperative rules & fight a much stronger
Villian & have just 1 Hero but remember everytime it says Heros
collectinely take so many wounds you only have 1 Hero to take the
hit.

OD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (She/her)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play using the competitive rules and find that it's a decent challenge that way. I'd start that way, and move up to co-op if you feel it's too easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Silva
Italy
CARPI (MO)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Old Dwarf wrote:

Is this just me ? but how would you play a 1 Hero Solo as cooperative?
Who is that 1 Hero suppose to cooperate with?The cooperative
version involves more tha 1 Hero which is why the Villian gets
puffed up.

I see your point ... and you are right.

I think I'll play competitive normally, and cooperative for a more difficult game as suggested by you and by others people as well.

Roberto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bela's dead and Vampira won't talk
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSkeletor wrote:
If you solo competitive the evil town elders become too easy to get around.

thumbsup

And the game in general, for that matter. Isn't a huge portion of the challenge for the showdown all the cards that other players will be throwing at you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mads l. brynnum
Denmark
2400 Kbh. NV
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr. Skeletor: "If you solo competitive the evil town elders become too easy to get around."

Why is that exactly? Yes, you only have to pay one investigation (personally I play with two), but what else is different?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mads l. brynnum
Denmark
2400 Kbh. NV
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course. I misread your original post and thought that the competive play was the more difficult one for solo plays. Thanks for clearing things up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Nicholls
United Kingdom
Redruth
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Interesting read (plus the linked article). When my game arrives I intend trying a couple of single player games using competitive rules, then perhaps moving onto co-op rules (will be mainly solo playing anyway), but what about the advanced rules? Do i use those under these conditions or not?

Many Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.