Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Dominion» Forums » General

Subject: Buying sleeves for these cards. Where? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T Tsay
Abkhazia
Florida
msg tools
I just bought this game and unfortuenly while the game is a blast to play, the card quality is garbage. Since these cards aren't standard poker size, regular card sleeves aren't tall enough and are too wide for these cards to fit. I was wondering if there is a dealer that sells card sleeves that fit this game. I believe that YuGiOh size sleeves match it's width but might not be tall enough for these cards to fit. If anyone out there knows there a product that fits these cards, it would be greatly helpful. Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
superanimefan wrote:
I just bought this game and unfortuenly while the game is a blast to play, the card quality is garbage. Since these cards aren't standard poker size, regular card sleeves aren't tall enough and are too wide for these cards to fit. I was wondering if there is a dealer that sells card sleeves that fit this game. I believe that YuGiOh size sleeves match it's width but might not be tall enough for these cards to fit. If anyone out there knows there a product that fits these cards, it would be greatly helpful. Thanks.


From Korea only:

http://www.interhobby.co.kr/shop/shopbrand.html?xcode=056&mc...

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ruvion .
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
too bad they do not speak English nor do they accept non Korean credit cards. You gotta have an inside man/woman to order from Korean boardgame retailers.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know where you are, but I just bought some that fit from the Frank and Sons Collectible show in City of Industry (close to Los Angeles, CA). They don't fit perfectly, but they cover the card completely with a little extra space on the sides. The packaging says MAX protection, 50 count Neo Sleeves "protection to the MAX". I don't know where you can get these online sorry.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Levin
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This full sized KMC sleeve looks like it might fit okay, a little wide.
http://www.kmcsleeves.com/IMAGEgallery.htm

And there are some on the CoolStuffInc website, I think they are the ones called "Super".
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_supplies.php?viewType=Card%...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Petersen
United States
St. Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Jennifer, it sounds like your sleeves are typical "Magic"-sized sleeves. These are available at basically all hobby game stores. Mine fit similarly, but I put a regular-sized card behind each one. It made the deck considerably thicker, but seems to be working alright. There's little chance of fitting all the cards back in the card tray.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Maitland
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for the info on Coolstuff. I live about 15 minutes away, so I can swing by and check the sleeves out any time.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
scottredracecar wrote:
Jennifer, it sounds like your sleeves are typical "Magic"-sized sleeves. These are available at basically all hobby game stores. Mine fit similarly, but I put a regular-sized card behind each one. It made the deck considerably thicker, but seems to be working alright. There's little chance of fitting all the cards back in the card tray.


The ones I looked at that were touted as Magic protectors didn't fit, because the card stuck out at the top. The protectors I got don't have this problem. I don't know anything about Magic cards and protectors, so I was just going around with one of the blank Dominion cards, buying a pack of protectors and testing it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Wouldn't it be a wondrous thing if these game publishers charged just a little extra and included card sleeves for games like these where they know the cards will wear quickly because of a combination of inferior card quality and repetitive shuffling in the gameplay. Too much to hope and ask for.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Even better, wouldn't it have been nice if the card size were 'M:tG' standard, as originally advertised?

I believe it to be the one blemish on an otherwise perfect production.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Even better, wouldn't it have been nice if the card size were 'M:tG' standard, as originally advertised?

I believe it to be the one blemish on an otherwise perfect production.

Yup, I'll be waiting for the inevitable reprint. Got burned buying RuneBound 1st edition - not again, thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.