Popular Tags: [View All]
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've recently bought a table, a big one, and I've realized that the table will allow me to play games that I couldn't before from lack of space.

My table measurements are 2.10m x 1m, or 6.9' x 3.2'.

I ask the question, what games can I play in this table? What are the games that are too big for this table?

For instance, I want to get Arkham Horror with all expansions as well as Twilight Imperium and its expansion, can I play them well on the table?

If anyone is interested about what their tables can or can't hold might as well use this thread too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Lloyd
United States
North Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Twilight Imperium plus expansions might not work. The table is plenty long, but the width might not be enough. My dining room table is 3'6", and I recall the base game using most of it. Not sure I could get another ring on there, but it's possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler McLaughlin
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
Talk
badge
Words
mbmbmbmbmb
A table that long would sure be great for Pitch Car...

Edit: Speellin g
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clloyd09 wrote:
Twilight Imperium plus expansions might not work. The table is plenty long, but the width might not be enough. My dining room table is 3'6", and I recall the base game using most of it. Not sure I could get another ring on there, but it's possible.

Oh damn, that's one of the games I wanted to really, really get. Is there no way to use the length to save on the width when playing TI3+SE?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Lloyd
United States
North Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MGBM wrote:
clloyd09 wrote:

Oh damn, that's one of the games I wanted to really, really get. Is there no way to use the length to save on the width when playing TI3+SE?

My recommendation... Get it -- even if you need to play on the floor. I can set the game up with the extra ring of tiles from the expansion and measure it for you. It might be fine, as it's been a while since I've played. Great game though, and the expansion is one of the best I've seen for a game.

You could probably use the length of the table to accomodate extra tiles, as long as you can fairly place the players so that nobody has a distinct advantage/disadvantage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.