Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Taylor
United States
Aurora
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This being my first chit-pull game, I'm a bit confused on how this is supposed to work.

An Activation Group is a corps or some other similarly sized group of units.

An Orders Command is a sub-group of the Activation group, subject to proximity, etc.

So in the initial setup, the French IV Corps is in two seperate orders commands. To make sure both of these units are "Under Orders" would entail the French player using two of his three Orders markers, right? But if all of the Frnch IV Corps were together, it would only require one of the orders markers? And these orders markers are placed either close to the orders command group or on the sidebar on the map?

Last question, I think. Are all of the activation chits placed in one cup or are they seperated into French/Russian? Are all of the activation chits used (meaning both Eugene, both Ney, both Davout, etc...)? If they are placed in the same cup, that means that one side or the other could conceivably get many turns in a row.

Thanks,

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian morris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Mids
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi,

No rule book handy, but the idea of two "under orders" markers for a corps split into two orders commands sounds right, and you would certainly only need one such marker if the whole corps was together. Don't forget, however, that some of Davout's troops are attached to another corps, and they will therefore activate with that corps rather than Davout.

Chits - yes, they all go in together, two for each corps. The French have a lot more chits, and will therefore get a lot more consecutive activations. Presumably you will have to use the two blank chits for the Guard/reserve artillery activations, like I do - the game company forgot to make their chits. Also, your game turn track is probably missing the last two turns.

IIRC, GMT maintains living rules for this game, so it would be a good idea to check out their website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Aurora
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamer72 wrote:

Also, your game turn track is probably missing the last two turns.

How did they mess that up?

Thanks for the info. The whole thing just didn't seem intuitive to me at first, but it's starting to sink in. I imagine that after a couple of turns it'ss seem rather simple.

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.