Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Le_Havre [+] [View All]
Daran The Great
Netherlands
Unspecified
Zuid Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have played this great game a couple of times. Thanks to the link on BBG I read the complete rules today (as I do not own the game). We certainly missed a couple of the following, so here is a heads-up to everyone.

> Loans & interest: you only pay 1 interest, even if you have multiple loans outstanding.
> Re-using a building: rules page 5, a player may not re-use a building that contains his player disk, rules page 9, this limitation is also enforced for the final action at the end of the game
> A player entering a building must carry out the action (i.e. no blocking a card if you cannot execute it properly)
> When a building is bought or sold, any person disc on them is send home - allowing the building to be used immediately. A building may not be sold and bought again in the same player turn.
> Brick can be used instead of clay, and steel instead of iron
> Only one ship can be build per wharf action
> Using the construction firm you can build two buildings from the same building stack, or even build - buy - build from the same stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Boote
United Kingdom
Virginia Water
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
> Using the construction firm you can build two buildings from the same building stack, or even build - buy - build from the same stack.

Or even, as my wife demonstrated to my disgust

Buy-sell-buy-build-build!
She nabbed BOTH the bonus-at-the-end-of-the-game cards that way cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
> Loans & interest: you only pay 1 interest, even if you have multiple loans outstanding.

Aargh! I had 3 loans and was paying out 3 each time! Thanks for that.

My major goof were I didn't know you could buy from the building proposals. For some reason I thought either the players or the towns had to build the building before they could be purchased.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jbrier
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One rule we just noticed after playing for several weeks is that the Colliery gives you a MAX. of 1 extra Coal for owning a one or more buildings with a hammer symbol, UNLIKE the Clay Mound which gives you an extra Clay for each hammer symbol. In other words, the most Coal you can get from the Colliery in a single action is 4.

I guess we assumed it was just like the Clay Mound until finally someone noticed the difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's sort of a tradition in my regular gaming group that whenever a new game comes to the table, we play at least one significant rule incorrectly the first time through. It's never intentional, of course, it just always seems to work out that way. (Sometimes, it even happens when we get a game back to the table that nobody has played in a while.)

Surprisingly, I don't think our tradition applied with Le Havre. I can't think of any rules we missed or misplayed, even the loan interest one (which is totally counter-intuitive and different just about every other game that has loans).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Golux13 wrote:
It's sort of a tradition in my regular gaming group that whenever a new game comes to the table, we play at least one significant rule incorrectly the first time through. It's never intentional, of course, it just always seems to work out that way. (Sometimes, it even happens when we get a game back to the table that nobody has played in a while.)

Surprisingly, I don't think our tradition applied with Le Havre. I can't think of any rules we missed or misplayed, even the loan interest one (which is totally counter-intuitive and different just about every other game that has loans).

Another important rule to note: You CAN sell a building to move your disk out of it and then move back into it, effectively granting you the same action twice in a row. (If you do this, you must also pay the entry fee to re-enter, so make sure you've counted up and planned accordingly!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.