Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
If you're not part of the soultion...
badge
You're part of the precipitate!
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so I own a copy of the game, and I haven't really had a chance to look at it yet...

What I can't figure out is this - is it necessary to have all the pieces glued together to play? Or is that just to make the game pretty?

(Or... is anyone who is going to GLG willing to find some Elmer's glue and help a brother out?)

Dale

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on my reading of English rules translation (in another thread), the only thing you're supposed to glue is the energy coupler, which consists of one steam tank with one of each "upgrade" glued to it. It's just a marker for which column is getting the +1 bonus, so you could use anything as a stand in.

However, if you're going to use the energy coupler as described, I would glue it, as it would otherwise probably fall apart when being moved around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, you don't glue any of the normal in game pieces, everything is in a state of flux there. Some have the white bit hanging off, some have the brown and the black, some have the cap, some don't.

I'm assuming you can add and remove bits during the game through your actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is the facility to change a tank from an ore extractor to water or quartz so the pieces do need to come loose. However please note that you can only have one extractor (or 'extension' as refered to in the translated rules here) at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also move the brown (compression?) caps around each turn, to increase the production of your tanks you think will benefit you most.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
harrie Kools
Netherlands
Wageningen
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yudp wrote:
is it necessary to have all the pieces glued together to play? Or is that just to make the game pretty?

mvettemagred wrote:
the only thing you're supposed to glue is the energy coupler, which consists of one steam tank with one of each "upgrade" glued to it. It's just a marker for which column is getting the +1 bonus, so you could use anything as a stand in.

Correct. So only one part to glue. I used some transparent contact-glue. Works fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Mackey
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing wrong with constructing your own flux capacitor from whatever you have handy...

yudp wrote:
OK, so I own a copy of the game, and I haven't really had a chance to look at it yet...

What I can't figure out is this - is it necessary to have all the pieces glued together to play? Or is that just to make the game pretty?

(Or... is anyone who is going to GLG willing to find some Elmer's glue and help a brother out?)

Dale

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's my impression you only have to do it for ONE piece, not all of them. That's the Energy Coupler.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.