Rob M.
United States
College Park,
Maryland
flag msg tools
Its Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
mbmbmbmbmb
We might as well get a head start on the complaining. Vote fraud in Ohio, who'd a thunk it? From a tiny Acorn a mighty tree doth grow.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/17859950/detail.html?rss=nn5&ps...

Dead Voters Submit Ballots From Beyond

CLEVELAND -- Among the thousands of graves at Highland Park Cemetery, one modest tombstone stands out. Alex Holmes Sr. has been at rest in that cemetery for 15 years. But recent election records show he cast a ballot in this year's primary. And our 5 On Your Side investigation found a home on Cleveland's east side listed as Holmes' address.
Jeremy Moore, Holmes' grandson, was stunned. "He's deceased. Deceased since 1993," Moore said. And it doesn't appear to be a name mix-up.
Records reveal Alex Holmes Jr. -- who is still alive -- voted in the same election as his deceased father.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Brooks
United States
Framingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day..."
badge
Gnome dance is best dance.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah. I'm sure there's going to be teeth gnashing on either losing side after Tuesday, though I think it'll be doubly so if Obama happens to lose. If McCain loses, I expect various GOP subsets to file lawsuits and demand investigations/recounts. If Obama loses, the same will happen.

And if Barr wins, my guess is the pig's will already be flying and we'll have to watch for failing pig poo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
The difference between grousing and reality...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Linden
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Social Justice Wargamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gutrender wrote:
And our 5 On Your Side investigation found a home on Cleveland's east side listed as Holmes' address.

I always knew there was something fishy about that guy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
ExcitingJeff wrote:
Gutrender wrote:
And our 5 On Your Side investigation found a home on Cleveland's east side listed as Holmes' address.

I always knew there was something fishy about that guy...

Pay attention, there's no exclamation mark at the end of the name.

It's easy to recognize dead voters by their liberal stench.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob M.
United States
College Park,
Maryland
flag msg tools
Its Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
mbmbmbmbmb
gilby123 wrote:
And if Barr wins, my guess is the pig's will already be flying and we'll have to watch for failing pig poo.

If Barr wins I'll be keeping an eye out for the other three horsemen of the apocalypse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No matter who wins I plan on rioting and busting up and burning all my stuff, then forcing the rest of the country to buy me new stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
The joke here is that kohanim (who for religious reasons avoid graveyards and dead bodies) should not vote between 4 and 5 because that the hour the dead come to vote.

To use more American witticisms, an old slogan from Chicago: "Don't let the fact you're dead stop you from voting!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
okiedokie wrote:
No matter who wins I plan on rioting and busting up and burning all my stuff, then forcing the rest of the country to buy me new stuff.

No, no, you riot, burn OTHER people's stuff and still force them to buy YOU more. Ain't you got any schoolin' thar, boy?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.