Subject: How many points for purging an enemy leader? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Hinsdale
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Under Action Cards, the text says "Players receive one point per purged enemy leader at the conclusion of the game." But under Victory, it says "Each opposing leader purged: Points equal to the value of the card". Is the card worth one point, or its face value?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Neff
United States
Culver City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ran into the same problem. At the same time the points awarded to the President for the solved crisis cards seems inverted. On one hand you get the points listed ... on the other you just get one point.

I wonder if the two rules were switched half way through when they went to printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Neff
United States
Culver City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Under the ACTION CARDS section, after a leader has been eliminated:

"Players receive one point per purged enemy leader enemy leader at the conclusion of the game."

Under the CRISIS CARDS section, when a crisis is successfully dealt with:

"The President takes the crisis card and places it face down in his victory pile."

Under the VICTORY section:

Each Crisis Solved While President: One Point
Each Opposing Leader Purged: Points equal to the value of the card.

Having dealt with printing for events and such ... often the text of the body are correct and the quick repeat of stuff in the end (in this case the Victory area) is overlooked or has things that can be switched ... so I think that there is a chance that the two different ways to score were switched when they got to the end of the rules.

So a reason why to ask the question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim S.
United States
CA, TX
flag msg tools
designer
See designer's page...
badge
"Aw, I dunno, Bullwinkle..."
mbmbmbmbmb
Dusted this off and played two games a week ago. The scoring issue for purged leaders came up again, is it:

1) 1 point for each enemy leader purged (as described in the Action cards section), or

2) the point value of the purged leader (as described in the Victory section)?

I queried Frank Chadwick, who (very nicely) responded that the correct answer is (2), as shown in the Victory section.

-Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Neff
United States
Culver City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stear wrote:
Dusted this off and played two games a week ago. The scoring issue for purged leaders came up again, is it:

1) 1 point for each enemy leader purged (as described in the Action cards section), or

2) the point value of the purged leader (as described in the Victory section)?

I queried Frank Chadwick, who (very nicely) responded that the correct answer is (2), as shown in the Victory section.

-Jim

This is an update. When I wrote him in 2010 he said he could not remember.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim S.
United States
CA, TX
flag msg tools
designer
See designer's page...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
he could not remember

Rejoice at his recollection! Best of all, it means we played both rounds correctly!!

-Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim S.
United States
CA, TX
flag msg tools
designer
See designer's page...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Although, I still lost. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.