Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Let's say I have two cards left in hand. My 0-Reset card and a 3. I also control the harvest goal card. So let's say I play my 0-Reset card and my 3 as well, leaving me with no cards. Another player bids 3, which ties my total of 3. What happens? I am left without any cards in my hand, but my three must stay down because of the tie. Do I get to perform the reset now and take all cards (except for the 3) back into my hand?

2. Clarification on the celestial dragon card. The rules state that the player who holds this card must exchange it for one card up for bidding. If this player bid a 0-Reset card on this hand, does the player still exchange for one of the cards before all of the bidding players get a chance to claim cards?

3. Assume I was the top bidder in a 3 player game and the other 2 players tied their bids. I claim a Noble which is enough to give me the heir card in this hypothetical scenario. Does the noble take effect immediately so that I can claim the left over card or does it not work for the immediate turn on which it was claimed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zev Shlasinger
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
jrebelo wrote:
1. Let's say I have two cards left in hand. My 0-Reset card and a 3. I also control the harvest goal card. So let's say I play my 0-Reset card and my 3 as well, leaving me with no cards. Another player bids 3, which ties my total of 3. What happens? I am left without any cards in my hand, but my three must stay down because of the tie. Do I get to perform the reset now and take all cards (except for the 3) back into my hand?

*******Yes. The reset card let's you get backk the rest of the cards.

jrebelo wrote:

2. Clarification on the celestial dragon card. The rules state that the player who holds this card must exchange it for one card up for bidding. If this player bid a 0-Reset card on this hand, does the player still exchange for one of the cards before all of the bidding players get a chance to claim cards?

******I say yes.

jrebelo wrote:

3. Assume I was the top bidder in a 3 player game and the other 2 players tied their bids. I claim a Noble which is enough to give me the heir card in this hypothetical scenario. Does the noble take effect immediately so that I can claim the left over card or does it not work for the immediate turn on which it was claimed?

****I say yes.

Zev Shlasinger, President
Z-Man Games, Inc.
www.zmangames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zman wrote:
*******Yes.

At first, I thought you were swearing there. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Zev is correct.

1) Yes; the 3 remains (due to the tie) and the rest, being set aside, are picked up. From the rules: "After playing a Reset card, pick up all your set aside Bid Cards at the end of the round and put them back in your hand, even if you used Harvest’s ability and chose a second card."

2) Yes; the Reset card doesn't claim one (as per the reset card rules); the Dragon does (as per the Dragon rules).

3) Yes, the Heir is claimed *immediately* and, thus, will claim a left-over dynasty card in this example. From the rules: [Claiming or shifting] "the Market or Heir can affect how cards are claimed in a round."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.