Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Johnson
United States
Cloquet
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, i live in a town of exactly 810 people, and for the past year now, we have had a FLGS called Gamers Cove which is about 800 square ft. They don't carry many games, maybe only 1-2 dozen, and exist mostly to provide gaming space for Magic and Miniature players, but is this the smallest town which has a FLGS?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Grelis
Australia
Surry Hills
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
and crikey!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Melbourne.

[takes cover]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Barratt
United Kingdom
Royal Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I went on holiday to Switzerland a couple of years back, there was a FLGS in one of the small villages on the banks of the Vierwaldstättersee. I think the village was Sisikon (population 364), but it might have been Flüelen (population 1839).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
castiglione
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
Wow...I thought the town where I grew up (Langley, BC) was small...and it certainly had one of the best FLGS's I've EVER seen, at least back when I was a wee one.

I loved that place.

Sniff...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Johnson
United States
Cloquet
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
scottsnew1 wrote:
Ok, i live in a town of exactly 810 people, and for the past year now, we have had a FLGS called Gamers Cove which is about 800 square ft. They don't carry many games, maybe only 1-2 dozen, and exist mostly to provide gaming space for Magic and Miniature players...?

Do you get people coming in from Cloquet?

i am sure that most of the people that go there are from Cloquet, since Cloquet is about 10,000 people.
Actually though, since i dont play magic or miniatures, i havn't been there to play, although i should try to recruit a few people to play boardgames sometime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Crowell
United States
New York
flag msg tools
We had an FLGS on the highway half-way between two small towns. Norwood and Norfolk, NY. Pop 1685 and and 1334 respectively.

We still have one going strong in Potsdam, pop 9525.

Pretty big by small town standards I know.

Gardiner, ME at 6,175 has a nice shop and several Golden Demon award winning figures on display. Including those GW Dryads with the lichen from about a decade back. Seems they were knocked out in about 4 hours, after the guy accidentally hit his real entry with black spray primer instead of clear coat...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.