William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this my personal pet peeve or does this bug most people?

Posting in "NEWS" always implied to me that you HAD news not that you were looking for news. Then, if you really must post questions in the news category why not use a question mark in the title?

How many times have I see something with a title like News: "Release Date" only to check the article out which says "Does anyone know when it will be released?"

Is this laziness? Is there a language issue due to this being a worldwide site? Is the meaning unclear?

Need to go drink my tea now....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A Hike!
mbmbmbmbmb
Chill. Life's too short to get worked up about it. Look at it this way. If someone answers the question about the release date...well then when someone clicks on it the answer will already be in the right forum. Those crazy posters are really looking out for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wwscrispin wrote:
Is this my personal pet peeve or does this bug most people?

I don't know about most people, but for me this ranks up there with fake LOL's, top-posting, and emoticons on the annoyance scale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthew.marquand wrote:
Chill. Life's too short to get worked up about it. Look at it this way. If someone answers the question about the release date...well then when someone clicks on it the answer will already be in the right forum. Those crazy posters are really looking out for us.

Maybe I am just too caught up in hope that there is news only to find the crushing disappointment of anti-news. Probably I just need to get a little less worked up about games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.