Easy Come, Easy Go» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
flag msg tools
EDITOR’S NOTE: My full review of Easy Come Easy Go will appear in the next issue of Counter magazine. What follows is a brief overview.

Reiner Knizia keeps churning games out so fast that it is difficult to keep track of them all. I was pleasantly surprised to receive a parcel from Out of the Box containing Easy Come, Easy Go, a new dice-rolling game from the good doctor. I hadn’t heard a peep about the game, so I had no expectations, be they good or bad.

The basic premise of the game is quite simple: Roll dice in hopes of achieving certain combinations in order to capture valuable prizes. Be the first to capture three prizes and hold on to them for a full round and you emerge victorious.

There is nothing ground-breaking here. It is another dice-rolling game, plain and simple. Yet, it is a fun pastime, one that can be played quickly and just about anywhere. It has never failed to elicit outbursts of glee and frustration, and has even resulted in some good-natured taunting. It is best played with 3 or 4, though, as 2 is sorely lacking in interaction and options. In spite of having a closet-full of “fillers”, there is always room for one more, provided it is fun. Easy Come, Easy Go is certainly that, and will likely see lots of table-time in a variety of settings. Another keeper from Herr Knizia!

Keith, Kurt, Michael and I competed in the first round, with prizes switching hands often. All of us were in a position to win, only to have one or more prizes ripped from us. Eventually, Michael held on to his prizes for one full round to claim the victory.

In the second match, Willerd took my spot, but fared no better. This time, Kurt held on to his loot for the victory.

Ratings: Michael 6, Kurt 6, Willerd 6, Keith 6, Greg 6
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.