Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Meyberg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, everybody!

Yesterday I had a very nice confrontation with Kel'Thuzad (german edition - I beg your pardon for my probably insufficient English!). Could you please help me clarifying Kelly's combat rules?

The german template says (I'll try to translate): [...] a character's attrition may not be greater than a /red/blue 6+\ he/she can spot.

Does this mean "if you get a 6 as highest result on your blue and red dice, you mayhave up to attrition 6, if you get a 7 up to 7, if you get a 8, you may have up to 8 attrition. If you don't even manage a single six, you are screwed up (and may not have any attrition)..." (I played this way and found no point in this rule)
or "for each /red/blue 6+\ you can spot you may have 1 attrition"?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Youri Janse
Netherlands
Barendrecht
Zuid Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

It means you cannot have more attrition than all the dice together that you rolled 6, 7 and 8 on

So if you roll 1,1,4,4,6,6,7,8,8 that means 5 attrition max.

and if you roll 1,1,1,2,5,5,8 that means 1 attrition max.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
meyberg wrote:
"for each /red/blue 6+\ you can spot you may have 1 attrition"

This one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are quite a few talents and powers that let you change dice to a specific number, so you should be able to spot at least one 6+, even if you have to convert a low roll.

I don't think Ive heard him called "Kelly" before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Meyberg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all your answers!

OK, I figured out it might have been way too easy the way I fought him... (indeed I was able to spot a red 8 in each die roll)
Next time he might give a greater challenge (I fought him with a paladin and a rogue, both of them heavyly using attrition...)!

And: No, I dont't think "Kelly" is official anyway...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.