Scott G
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed that I've not gotten any geekgold for eBay listings for a few weeks now. I also see that the geekgold to US dollar ratio on auctions seems to be improving from the 10 to 1 ratio it was at for the last few months. I'm guessing the two are correlated, as hundreds of geekgold, generated by listing thousands of heroclix and other CMG items, are kept off the market.

I was just curious if this a permanent change or just a temporary glitch? While I've enjoyed collecting geekgold via eBay listings, the rise of scripts (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/305787/page/1) to do this seems to make it sort of silly and VERY inflationary to the BGG community.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it has been a long time, at least a couple weeks. I think it's just a glitch, however. If you check a game page with ebay listings, a number of them are listed as ended, which makes me think that they just have not been pulled out of the system yet and GG awarded.

I submitted a bug report a few days ago but am glad you posted here. I assume that if there was a change in policy, it would be announced, but you never know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
No - it's just down for the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:

hopefully when it comes back the loophole that let's that guy with the robot is closed...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
Aldie wrote:

hopefully when it comes back the loophole that let's that guy with the robot is closed...
Is that why we have so many Amyitis's in the Hanging Gardens lists?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Corrie
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Randy Cox wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
Aldie wrote:

Is that why we have so many Amyitis's in the Hanging Gardens lists?

Or maybe why Power Grid and Arkham Horror keep showing up on the Ambush! list. I actually wanted to use the ebay function here for that game, and was very frustrated. At least it looks like actual Ambush! listings outnumber Arkham listings now, but only barely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.