Subject: Is this game like "Stop Thief"? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Street Deacon
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is this game like Stop Thief? A friend of mine had Stop Thief in the early 80s and I played it with him and our friends, till he moved away. Then I found it at a Goodwill for $5 in the mid 90s. I played it a few times with my niece and nephew, then like an idiot I gave it to my niece and I think she lost it somewhere. I see them on eBay for like $30+ in poor condition.

Anyway from the description, this game sounds a lot like it, minus the eletronic thingy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John W
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really like it in gameplay. Theme, sure.

Stop Thief, everyone is playing a detective, trying to catch the thief that the computer plays by giving out audible cues.

In Clue:GMC, one person plays the thief while the others play detectives who use visual cues (when paintings are stolen, they disappear) other deduction and cooperation to track down the thief.

I guess it depends what you liked about Stop Thief.

If you liked the deduction of tracking down a thief (whether they are computer or human), turn by turn, then C:GMC should be a good fit. So would Scotland Yard.

If it was the electronic or audio nature of Stop Thief, then no.

The one major difference is that C:GMC is a blast to play as the thief (something you don't get in Stop Thief) because you're trying to mislead and be sneaky around the other players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.