1 Posts

Kung Fu Fighting» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Shanahan
United States
flag msg tools
This was less a full-blown game session than a chance to introduce KFF to a group of friends. Three players went head-to-head in a pair of battles. All in all, I found the game to play pretty well, if a bit slower than I expected. One player didn't quite seem to be able to get a handle on it--which may say less about the game than about him.

As one reviewer suggested, I added a pre-game stage where players lay out stances and weapons--a sort fo "squaring off" moment. (Cue dramatic pre-fight music!) I think this is an essential addition to anyone's house rules. From there, it was an all-out bash-o-rama. KFF really does lack any degree of subtlety; knowing that you'll have seven cards again next round pretty much frees you up to use every attack enhancement you can. Of course, you can always end up like I did, laying out an 11-point attack that packed more adjectives than there are cards in the deck, only to have your opponent use a simple block card to stop it.

This one will definitely be worth another go, especially on a game night with other titles mixed in.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.