Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Fisk
United States
Spanish Fork
flag msg tools
First Time Play Session:

Players: Matthew, Melin, Nathan, Greg, Paul and Brenda

This is one I thought would be appealing to my group and luckily I guess correctly.

Most of the games we have played are Puerto Rico, Ticket to Ride. This card game was a new dynamic for everyone.

After the first turn everyone realized how much they hated the thief so every turn for about 6-7 of them the thief was the first to get killed by the assassin. I reminded everyone after that length of time that the thief could NOT steal from the assassin and it soon started to sink in. The next player of target became the warlord, which one player had used several times to blow up the wimpy buildings for little or no cost.

The end of the game actually came down to a player building his seventh region (for the first game we figured we would enact the "quickie" game). Alas that players dominion mostly consisted of smaller buildings (having chosen the bishop quite often to protect himself) and was not even in the winnings.

The lead went to two players who tied at 35. Then the third place player realized he hadn't used his warlord ability and nuked one of the buildings of one of the lead players removing his bonus for having 5 different colored buildings and knocking him down into third place and elevating himself to second.

I scoured the rules and could find NOTHING about how to deal with a tie breaker.

Final Score:

Greg: 25
Paul: 23
Nathan: 21
Matt: 21
Melin: 21
Brenda: 18

Everyone enjoyed themselves during the game so I am quite confident it will hit the table often.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.