Subject: Cyberboard rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Duncan
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Hi Barry,

I love your game! I am not sure if you permit this but I would like to create a Cyberboard game using your rules. Do you permit this? Is there a CB version already created? I would of course email it to you for review.

Tks/Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Duncan
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Cyberboard Module
I have uploaded the Cyberboard module approved by Barry to the file section. This is my first upload to a file and I guess it needs to be approved / reviewed. So take a look and vote!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary McCammon
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple minor quibbles -

There's no way to flip a unit over, so it's impossible to indicate a squad is pinned.

There might also be a "Wreck" marker, as a destroyed AFV would still block LOS, and it's impossible to flip them over either.

A game like this really, really makes me miss the LOS line that was available on lesser PBEM programs like SMS or V-Map, BTW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Lazov
United States
Richmond
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I downloaded the gamebox but it's password protected and there are no scenarios created so it's basically useless. What is the password?

I'll try the VASSAL module as well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Duncan
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Hello

I uploaded the beta one which was password protected. I will upload the corrected one without the password. But thats a good point regarding the Pinned issue. I will upload the revised gamebox later tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary McCammon
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dlazov wrote:
I downloaded the gamebox but it's password protected and there are no scenarios created so it's basically useless. What is the password?

I'll try the VASSAL module as well...

I was able to start a new scenario and play a short game even with the password-protected version. The only problem (and this is a problem with Cyberboard in general) is that it's more difficult to tell what playing piece trays to create if you can't browse the tiles beforehand, but that's not insurmountable.

(I have to admit - I just grabbed a couple of squads, a Panzer III and an M3, and let them all go at it. Panzer and M3 exchanged shots; M3 got destroyed and I realized that a:I hadn't taken any support weapons for the Americans and B: I hadn't read the "close assault" rules well enough, which was the only way the Americans could have taken on the Panzer. Oops.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Duncan
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
tog23 wrote:

I was able to start a new scenario and play a short game even with the password-protected version. The only problem (and this is a problem with Cyberboard in general) is that it's more difficult to tell what playing piece trays to create if you can't browse the tiles beforehand, but that's not insurmountable.

(I have to admit - I just grabbed a couple of squads, a Panzer III and an M3, and let them all go at it. Panzer and M3 exchanged shots; M3 got destroyed and I realized that a:I hadn't taken any support wepons for the Americans and B: I hadn't read the "close assault" rules well enough, which was the only way the Americans could have taken on the Panzer. Oops.)

That was my bad. I uploaded the bata version and not the final version which is not password protected. But before I do that I want to fix the Pinned notification on the counters and will upload a revised gamebox. I dont include senarios in the game box as this is very easy for players to do and not really needed to include in the gamebox.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Duncan
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Ok I have removed the password from the gamebox. My apologies for that. I have also copied the counter for the American, German, and British units (infantry, officers) and have enabled the back - Pinned counter. I have also done this for Vehicles (destroyed). I am going to uploade a revised gamebox. Not sure how long it will take so if want a copy during this process please email me.

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary McCammon
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked out the v3.0 gamebox earlier today; the "Pinned" sides look very nice.

(I was wondering about making "Pinned" a marker instead of a reverse side; I suppose though that if the gamebox is un-passworded it's possible to do it both ways.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Duncan
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Ok I redid the pinned counters with graphios as well as the vehicle destroyed counters. I just uploaded a unprotected password version with 1 senario (Hedgerow Hell).

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Duncan
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
The gamebox has been uploaded and is available in the file section.
Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.