Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm gonna pick up some sleeves soon for Dominion and Race for the Galaxy, and I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me just how many cards there are in Dominion. I've seen "about 500" a lot, but I'd like something more specific so I know just how many sleeves I need. That way I can have 'em all ready when my copy of the game arrives. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesc Sardà
Andorra
Lleida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
493 cards + 7 blank cards = 500 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Payne
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmb
wamadeus wrote:
493 cards + 7 blank cards = 500 cards.

33 of those 493 cards are "placeholder cards", which you may want different sleeves for. 25 of those placeholders (for the Kingdom cards) you probably want the same colour for, so you can shuffle them and deal a random set of 10. Or other stuff like that. The other 8 placeholders (for Copper, Silver, Gold, Estate, Duchy, Province, Curse, and Trash) could be also anything, but something clever would be to find some old sleeves and use them. My FLGS has a box of second hand sleeves at 1p each, and I plan to get 3 gold, 3 green, 1 purple, and 1 red for those 8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loc Nguyen
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you need sleeves for the placeholder cards. Just let them wear out. It solves the problem of the placeholder looking to similar to the normal cards. I say 460 sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, that answers all my questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.