Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Loomis
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the trading phase of this game open 'wheeling and dealing', where players can negotiate many types of things? Perhaps including future commitments? Or is the trading tightly constrained by the game system?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jarvis
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Under Phase 3 rules:

"Only money and events assets can be used to make trades and all trades must be delivered immediately. No trades can be based on future promises."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Loomis
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your response. I haven't seen the game yet ... does the trading aspect generally dominate the playing time with back and forth negotiating? Or does only trading money and events assets keep the game moving quickly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukasz Biernat
Poland
Dabrowa Gornicza
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on the people you play with.
In my games (with different people), trading DOES dominate the playing time. It makes me hate this game to the point I don't want to play no more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Anderson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When we play we trade so rarely that sometimes we forget to even stop for the trading phase. The reason is there's almost no reason to make a trade that doesn't benefit you directly (i.e give you an asset that you need for an event), so it's rare for two players to have the right assets to make a mutually beneficial trade. But we've only played with 3 players so far, maybe playing with more players causes more trading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Copple
United States
Northfield
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So far in 5 plays we usually end up with 2-3 folks trading something. Gladiators/horses have a synergy and Lyres/Comodians also have a syngergy. So you usually have a preference for 1 of those 2 types of events. Its not until shows 21-30 that the other tiles become really relevant. And as the auction phase usually nets you some of the stuff you will need later, the trading doesnt really take alot of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.