Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Today my wife and I got into a discussion on why she can't be a geek like me. She claimed, "I can be geeky". I told her alas, she was just to hip and cool to be in the upper realm of geekiness as myself. I even came up with these words of wisdom that I had to share.

"You were the homecoming queen, I was the king of the Faerie Kingdom of Celene. You were a cheerleader captain, I was a dungeon master. You wear Louboutin, I wear boots of elvenkind... "

Sorry babe. I love you, but geek you ain't. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yup, changed the Avatar for self-promotion.
badge
Go vote in the 24-Hour RPG Design Contest!
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Today my wife and I got into a discussion on why she can't be a geek like me. She claimed, "I can be geeky". I told her alas, she was just to hip and cool to be in the upper realm of geekiness as myself. I even came up with these words of wisdom that I had to share.

"You were the homecoming queen, I was the king of the Faerie Kingdom of Celene. You were a cheerleader captain, I was a dungeon master. You wear Louboutin, I wear boots of elvenkind... "

Hey now, Chapel. Conversions can be possible. My wonderful wife was far from geeky when we first met. She now loves playing an elven ranger in D&D, watching Firefly, Heroes, and Stargate. She loves Settlers and is looking forward to trying Caylus and a few other games. She calls herself my "geek-in-training."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
So Chapel, if we end up in Austin it sounds like there would be someone I could dump my wife off with my wife could do stuff with while I geek out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:
So Chapel, if we end up in Austin it sounds like there would be someone I could dump my wife off with my wife could do stuff with while I geek out.

Sounds like a win-win situation to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think if she is even willing to say that "I can be geeky" there is a chance that she could. A true non-geek wouldn't even say those words out aloud meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I gave her a quiz. I Asked her to name 3 transformers, name one Monty Python movie, and just one geeky quote.

She came up with, bumblebee(I think because she just saw the movie with me), ?, and "Tune in tokyo"(girls just want to have fun!?)

FAIL!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe she could grow a beard and gain a little weight. That's working for me.

Are you sure you don't just live at home by yourself with a lot of cats but have been watching a lot of Chuck lately? Because this note sounds a little too much like a letter to a men's magazine:

"Please help--my cheerleader wife is really hot and wants to be really geeky. And she's hot." :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The amazing & fabulous
Australia
Sarina
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, Surely you people over there in the States have some kind of "Geek Outfitters" store that you can buy her a complete outfit from?

You could get her a new Chanel/Gucci/Prada bag that is big enought to carry a couple of games around in? They seem to be making those things bigger all the time.

Also, buy one of those toy dogs and name it Gandalf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shebby wrote:
Hmm, Surely you people over there in the States have some kind of "Geek Outfitters" store that you can buy her a complete outfit from?

You could get her a new Chanel/Gucci/Prada bag that is big enought to carry a couple of games around in? They seem to be making those things bigger all the time.

If it's one of those little "toy" dogs, wouldn't Bilbo or Frodo be more appropriate?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The amazing & fabulous
Australia
Sarina
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterGeek wrote:
shebby wrote:

If it's one of those little "toy" dogs, wouldn't Bilbo or Frodo be more appropriate?

I see your point.

Yes, call it Pippin. Or get a big white dog and call it Gandalf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shebby wrote:

Don't laugh. But I have another short story. She teaches a dance class for Golds gym called "Body Jam". It's run by a guy in New Zealand, and his real name is "Gandalf". One day we were talking and she said how cool the name "Gandalf" sounded. I mentioned that it indeed did sound cool, and how we should name our first boy it. She was actually on board with it until one of my friends told her the background with L.o.t.R. Curses! So close!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
shebby wrote:

Don't laugh. But I have another short story. She teaches a dance class for Golds gym called "Body Jam". It's run by a guy in New Zealand, and his real name is "Gandalf". One day we were talking and she said how cool the name "Gandalf" sounded. I mentioned that it indeed did sound cool, and how we should name our first boy it. She was actually on board with it until one of my friends told her the background with L.o.t.R. Curses! So close!

OH! So close, Chapel! I know the feeling. We were discussing kid names for the fun of it the other day and I had both Luke Skywalked Goenner and Chewbacca Goenner thrown out the window as a boy's name by my wife.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Society of Watchers
United States
Killbuck
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think "Ima" would be a good name. OK, you've heard that many times.

So, what about, Elrond?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
I gave her a quiz. I Asked her to name 3 transformers, name one Monty Python movie, and just one geeky quote.

She came up with, bumblebee(I think because she just saw the movie with me), ?, and "Tune in tokyo"(girls just want to have fun!?)

FAIL!

3 Transformers!???!

Gee I'd be hard pressed to name more than one before reading this thread, and that is even after playing Risk: Transformers – Cybertron Battle Edition with Mr Skeletor singing the Transformers theme many times during the game.

I could handle Monty Python though and would stick with "I want my two dollars" for the quote
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edwards
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

She married you, didn't she? Geek, Ipso Facto.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bloodybucket wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

She married you, didn't she? Geek, Ipso Facto.

I know, right. My alter ego, we'll call him "Chad", geek by day, smooth operator by night. "Chad" dig's live music, sushi, strange martini's, and wears raybans at night. Yes my friends, my disguise worked only too well. Before my secret identity "Chappy of the Realm", masked avenger and roller of the sacred brass D20, "Chad" worked his wiley ways into the heart of of the fair maiden. My secrets now reveled, the potion of love set to deep. Trapped for eternity to the geekitude that is me. I almost pity her. Almost. Bwahahahahahahahah! Bwahahahahahah!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
MWChapel wrote:
shebby wrote:

I've been trying to convince Ayumi we need to name our first son Yojimbo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:

I've been trying to convince Ayumi we need to name our first son Yojimbo.

With the alternate backup being Sanjuro?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
I know, right. My alter ego, we'll call him "Chad", geek by day, smooth operator by night. "Chad" dig's live music, sushi, strange martini's, and wears raybans at night.

I don't like any of that stuff!

Anyways, when I was skimming the thread titles, I saw "hip" and "out" in the title, and figured it was a thread from, like, scrib or DW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:

Anyways, when I was skimming the thread titles, I saw "hip" and "out" in the title, and figured it was a thread from, like, scrib or DW.

Hey, no dissin' my two dads! This ain't California.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:

Sweet! I completely missed that thread.

As for your bride, so what? None of my many wives and girlfriends were geeks and that didn't stop me from completely destroying the relationships!

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:

I totally missed that thread! I should have known all along that you were the result of a double insemenation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
"You were the homecoming queen, I was the king of the Faerie Kingdom of Celene.

Ha ha ha ha. She probably thought Celene was a continent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise Holden
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterGeek wrote:

OH! So close, Chapel! I know the feeling. We were discussing kid names for the fun of it the other day and I had both Luke Skywalked Goenner and Chewbacca Goenner thrown out the window as a boy's name by my wife.

I was just hours away from getting Conan on the birth certificate..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
louiseh wrote:
MasterGeek wrote:

I was just hours away from getting Conan on the birth certificate..

I actually had Malcolm Reynolds Goenner approved for about 72 hours before she thought better of it and ixnayed the idea. If only I'd gotten it down on paper with her signature sooner...ah well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.