• [+] Dice rolls
Calavera Despierta
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Yes. Though it does feel like it loses something--it's still best with four I think.

But it is still quite fun. I think it would get played more as a two player game in my house (against my thirteen year old son) if the setup time wasn't so much.

Note that, with two people placing order tokens near each other with no other targets to worry about it can get a little silly and have a back and forth effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NtN Scissors
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It works well with 2. Defence is more viable as a strategy in 2p, as you won't be faced with an overwhelming number of mobilize orders against you when you're in the lead.

Also, I find that bluffing plays a slightly bigger role in 2p games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find that setup time can be reduced if the game is packed/put away well after a game is over.

What I have done is use tuck boxes for each of the decks and the event hards (I used old MGC:CCG boxes since I didn't want to make my own). Then people (or one person) is NOT sorting though a big stack of cards and doling them out.

Also I have a zip lock bag for each factions tokens and each factions units, so that its just a matter of grabbing them and going.
I also have a zip lock bag for the track, 1st player token, and each factions VP markers to speed things up. There is a zip lock bag for planet connectors and z-axis connectors + a seperate back for the depletion counters and plant selection tokens. Keeping everything separated really helps!

The other option is to get Tackle box/faction to have each token, unit etc sorted ahead of time for each faction + space to set aside the starting components for each faction... though I am happy enough with the time savings I have found with having things organized as above.

oh! and yes, I like the games as a 2 player games. Its a very different game. Its a good way to introduce people to the game (as you can get through more combats) and there is less for people to get overwhelmed with since they are only worrying about one person.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone! Sounds like it still scales well just a matter of setup time etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Ziegler
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
It's definetly fun with 2 people, set up is shorter, so is gameplay, but their are negatives unfortunetly. the biggest one is if you take a hard it, theirs not much chance to recover. But that rarely happens, so have fun with that other person!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben H
United States
New York
flag msg tools
In my gaming group, 1vs1 is the preferred way to play. It's much more intense, and isn't as prone to having long games ruined at the get-go by insurmountable starting location imbalances.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NtN Scissors
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
QuothTheRaven wrote:
In my gaming group, 1vs1 is the preferred way to play. It's much more intense, and isn't as prone to having long games ruined at the get-go by insurmountable starting location imbalances.

If starting planets are adjacent, it can be ruined by not having the right cards though. Tassadar (3xzealot) can easily run into a world of trouble against Jim Raynor's starting troops (vulture, f-bat, 2xmarine) if he doesn't draw enough zealot cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.