Popular Tags: [View All]
Tobias Fromme
Germany
Freising
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got the game yesterday and spent the evening reading the rules, yippieh. There is one contradiction I found:
In the attack table of the rules the "nuke vs. basestar" section is different from the same section printed on the admiral card.

On the card is says "2-6: 2 damage; 7-8: destroyed"
In the rules it says (more or less, don´t have it in front of me: "2-3: 2 damage, 4-6: destroyed, 7-8: destroyed plus 2 heavy raiders destroyed"

So which one is correct, which one a typo? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well we play by the rules on the admiral card itself, but that is mainly because we didn't notice there was a difference between it and the rules.

I think we will continue to use what the admiral card says as heavy raiders were never a problem and although the humans haven't won yet it was never because of boarding parties as of yet.

I guess we need an official FAQ to figure out which is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
It would appear there is an FAQ!

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/bsg/pdf/bsg-faq.pdf

The rulebook is correct, the admiral card is incorrect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Fromme
Germany
Freising
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh, there´s an answer, thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, what?

Its +3 Raiders destroyed on a 7-8, at least in the US rulebook. Did they make another change for the german rulebook? Oy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fromme wrote:
Got the game yesterday and spent the evening reading the rules, yippieh. There is one contradiction I found:
In the attack table of the rules the "nuke vs. basestar" section is different from the same section printed on the admiral card.

On the card is says "2-6: 2 damage; 7-8: destroyed"
In the rules it says (more or less, don´t have it in front of me: "2-3: 2 damage, 4-6: destroyed, 7-8: destroyed plus 2 heavy raiders destroyed"

So which one is correct, which one a typo? Thanks!

Well, in the English version acquired yesterday, the card seems misleading. Rulebook states that on a 1-2 nuke damages basestar twice and 3-6 destroys it. It destroys base star and 3 raiders in same area on a 7-8.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't get to the FFG FAQ (damn work firewall), so I apologize if this is answered there. On a roll of 7-8 with a Nuke, does it destroy any three cylon ships in addition to the basestar, or just raiders?

In a game yesterday I had a basestar, two raiders and one heavy raider in one zone. I launched a nuke and rolled an 8 (BAM!). I wasn't sure if the heavy raider would be destroyed by the nuke or not.

The reason for my confusion is both types of ships are called "Raider", i.e. "Raider" and "Heavy Raider". Since Nukes destroy "Raiders" on a 7-8, I wasn't sure if it was the broad or narrow interpretation of what is a "Raider".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Niezelski
United States
Seymour
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I interpreted it as only affecting Raiders, since the rules seem to use "Raiders and Heavy Raiders" when referring to both.

Otherwise, you would never be able to refer to just Raiders without saying "Raiders, but not Heavy Raiders".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.