Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Andrew's first weekly thread revival rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yup, changed the Avatar for self-promotion.
badge
Go vote in the 24-Hour RPG Design Contest!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so I've decided every Monday I'm going to randomly look at some threads from Chit Chat and when I find one that I think is particularly interesting/funny/random that didn't get the attention it deserved, I'm going to throw up a link here in the hopes that people will go and read it!

Here is the link I have chosen for week #1:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/2807480#2807480

Check it out, folks, this is really funny! It's from before the election, but it's Hillary, Obama, Biden, Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich, McCain, and Palin playing in a D&D session.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterGeek wrote:
Ok, so I've decided every Monday I'm going to randomly look at some threads from Chit Chat and when I find one that I think is particularly interesting/funny/random that didn't get the attention it deserved, I'm going to throw up a link here in the hopes that people will go and read it!

Here is the link I have chosen for week #1:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/2807480#2807480

Check it out, folks, this is really funny! It's from before the election, but it's Hillary, Obama, Biden, Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich, McCain, and Palin playing in a D&D session.


Please don't vomit in Chit Chat.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yup, changed the Avatar for self-promotion.
badge
Go vote in the 24-Hour RPG Design Contest!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jatoha wrote:


Please don't vomit in Chit Chat.


Uh oh...did I do something bad? If so, I apologize. I'm not sure what vomit means in this instance.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June King
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Bring me her heart in this box.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There's already poop in the shower. What more do you want?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yup, changed the Avatar for self-promotion.
badge
Go vote in the 24-Hour RPG Design Contest!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ludocrazy wrote:
There's already poop in the shower. What more do you want?


Ummmm...more poop?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterGeek wrote:
Jatoha wrote:


Please don't vomit in Chit Chat.


Uh oh...did I do something bad? If so, I apologize. I'm not sure what vomit means in this instance.


no, no, see the Bolded part I quoted.

I think it's a great idea.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yup, changed the Avatar for self-promotion.
badge
Go vote in the 24-Hour RPG Design Contest!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jatoha wrote:
MasterGeek wrote:
Jatoha wrote:


Please don't vomit in Chit Chat.


Uh oh...did I do something bad? If so, I apologize. I'm not sure what vomit means in this instance.


no, no, see the Bolded part I quoted.

I think it's a great idea.


OHHHH...ok. I totally missed that the first time around! Phew!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
MasterGeek wrote:
Jatoha wrote:
MasterGeek wrote:
Jatoha wrote:


Please don't vomit in Chit Chat.


Uh oh...did I do something bad? If so, I apologize. I'm not sure what vomit means in this instance.


no, no, see the Bolded part I quoted.

I think it's a great idea.


OHHHH...ok. I totally missed that the first time around! Phew!

Did you mean "Spew"?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yup, changed the Avatar for self-promotion.
badge
Go vote in the 24-Hour RPG Design Contest!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gregarius wrote:
MasterGeek wrote:
Jatoha wrote:
MasterGeek wrote:
Jatoha wrote:


Please don't vomit in Chit Chat.


Uh oh...did I do something bad? If so, I apologize. I'm not sure what vomit means in this instance.


no, no, see the Bolded part I quoted.

I think it's a great idea.


OHHHH...ok. I totally missed that the first time around! Phew!

Did you mean "Spew"?


No, there is NO puking going on here! You people. This is supposed to be ChitChat, folks. Let's get serious here, ok? Oh...wait...this is ChitChat...damn.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, you found that thread funny the first time. It wasn't original to BGG, and it elicited very little response. I think your plan is great, but so far the execution seems flawed to me.

How about doing some actual digging, and finding something that was actually appreciated say, long before you started participating, that other folk more recent to the 'geek might not have seen?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yup, changed the Avatar for self-promotion.
badge
Go vote in the 24-Hour RPG Design Contest!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
Okay, you found that thread funny the first time. It wasn't original to BGG, and it elicited very little response. I think your plan is great, but so far the execution seems flawed to me.

How about doing some actual digging, and finding something that was actually appreciated say, long before you started participating, that other folk more recent to the 'geek might not have seen?


This was the first time I'd seen it. I posted how funny I thought it was when I posted this thread. I pretty much just clicked on a random page and started skimming threads until I came across this one. Reading that thread (I know it wasn't original to BGG) is what made me think of creating this one. That's why I used it as the first. Afterwards, I did figure it would be better going much older than I did the first time.

Thanks for the input, Cranky!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay well that was pretty stupid of me to not notice the date you posted in that thread. But I still think you should dig deeper, although I definitely feel that you should choose whatever threads you like, so long as they meet my non-existent standards of threadness.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yup, changed the Avatar for self-promotion.
badge
Go vote in the 24-Hour RPG Design Contest!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
Okay well that was pretty stupid of me to not notice the date you posted in that thread. But I still think you should dig deeper, although I definitely feel that you should choose whatever threads you like, so long as they meet my non-existent standards of threadness.


Oh yeah, I whole heartedly agree digging deeper will be necessary. This was just a first attempt at my part to shed light on a subject I thought didn't get enough credit the first time around. And I'll check you for the threadcount of what I find before I make a comforter.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.