Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete McNamara
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Chicago

I like to play strategic level wargames and am looking to play this Friday night (my girlfriend is having a girls night out).

I live in Lakeview - near Wrigley, but can travel in the city easily.

Would anyone have any interest in playing a CDG (like For the People), pulling out a monster like VG's the Civil War, or getting a few people together to play Friedrich?

I'm open to learning new games as I realize my preferences tend to gear towards longer games.

best,
Pete

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bulldozers
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck on your search!

Out here in the NW burbs I get to look forward to gaming on Saturday which is our biweekly effort to get through a few games.

Seems like in a town the size of Chicago there shouldn't be much trouble in getting something going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete McNamara
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems relatively easy to find board gamers, but finding people who want to play war or historical games - especially non ASL or Lock'n Load type games is harder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Wilson
United States
Skokie
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pete,
I live in Wilmette. I love CDGs like Empire of the Sun and Paths of Glory, but I also like old hex and flex games like SPI's PRESTAGS (Chariot and Legion) or Panzer Leader (AH), and some of the new games like GMT's Roads to Leningrad and Grand Illusion (as well as Flying Colors) and some of the wooden block games like Crusader Rex, Hammer of the Scots, and East Front.

I have limited time, but my experience with Meet-ups has been disappointing due to the dominant Euro-gamer flavor of those groups.

Johnny Wilson
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Wilson
United States
Skokie
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is your biweekly bash in the burbs? I might be interested in coming out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might try Wolf-con this Friday and Saturday.
http://www.wolfcon.org/
There will be people there who want to play war games. Stop by the Black Sun Games retailer table (I will be hanging out there) and say hello. I live in Avondale (just west of Roscoe Village). I like games such Friedrich, Ran, Twilight Struggle, Wilderness War, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Wilson
United States
Skokie
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! I guess I really need to look at this site a little more carefully. I just notice the private mail boxes. Doh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.