Jim Shaw
United States
Swoyersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing the other day and had a development in my tableau that allowed me to produce a rare good if I had produced the most rare goods this turn (or something like that). My question is do I receive this benefit against the robot and would I each time? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zamborsky
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Ah, Denny, I've hardly seen you this episode."
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as you produce at least one rare elements good in the produce phase, you would fulfill the condition and reap the reward from the development. The robot doesn't actually produce goods, so utilize any advantage you can against it. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goran Topic
Japan
Kita-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
RedV wrote:
I was playing the other day and had a development in my tableau that allowed me to produce a rare good if I had produced the most rare goods this turn (or something like that). My question is do I receive this benefit against the robot and would I each time? Thanks

I think you're thinking about drawing 2 cards if you produced the most rare goods this turn...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing it thus far that I fan out the robot's card plateau so I can see the cost/type of each card and I just count it as though it was a real game. If the robot would be able to produce enough rare goods to stop me from taking this advantage, I would not take it. This includes counting one extra rare good on a brown windfall (if the robot has one in plateau and selected produce this round, otherwise just production worlds).

I think the argument would be reasonable that if you produce brown at all, take the reward because the robot certainly gets a bit of help in the form of cheap and brutal 6-dev builds even on turns 1 and 2.

Edit: and yes, as the other post mentioned, I am referring to drawing 2 cards in to hand if you have played the dev card which allows you to do so when you produce more brown goods than any other player on that produce phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The designer has stated that the robot produces 0 goods (he has economy and credit instead). AS such, if you produce 1, you get the bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.