Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Gmail question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
I know, I'm a dummy. But I'm confounded by soemthing I can't figure out in Gmail.

Can you insert an image into the body of the message or does it have to be an attachment?

If so, how the hell do you do it?

Thanks in advance for either informing me about what I already know.. that I can't do it... or telling me how to do it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty M
Ireland
Fermoy
Co Cork
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Right click the image in question & then click 'copy'. Then right click in your gmail text and click 'paste'. It really is that easy.

I love gmail.
4 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
You will have to make it an "attachment" for that, although most of the times when I get any with those, then it may include a smaller version of images that you can 'see' for any and when you click to enlarge it, that goes through their "scanning for viruses" BS to perhaps fully LOAD in order to view anything much larger afterwards.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think if you select the image into your clipboard, and then "paste" it into your GMail composition box, it should just paste into it, and should send with your message.

I think...

Scott
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just tape the image to your monitor sometime before you hit send. Works like magic!
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
elirlandes wrote:
Right click the image in question & then click 'copy'. Then right click in your gmail text and click 'paste'. It really is that easy.

I love gmail.


You rule Marty! The rest of the answers? Scary.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mellby
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to disagree with Marty.
Gmail will let you "paste" in a copied image, but
when results isn't an image in the actual sent mail.
It looks like a placeholder for an image, but when I
just tested this, in the received email there wasn't any
image at all.

Instead the only way I can get it to work is by attachment.
I would really be happy if I could find a way to include
inlined imagery.

JRM
p.s One week to BGG pre-con days! I can almost smell the
cardboard!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Quote:
It looks like a placeholder for an image, but when I
just tested this, in the received email there wasn't any
image at all.


That only true if you have the receiving account filtered so it won't display images without your approval. Most images in gmail have place holders until the account owner "allows" images.

Marty still rules!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
jmellby wrote:
I have to disagree with Marty.
Gmail will let you "paste" in a copied image, but
when results isn't an image in the actual sent mail.
It looks like a placeholder for an image, but when I
just tested this, in the received email there wasn't any
image at all.

Instead the only way I can get it to work is by attachment.
I would really be happy if I could find a way to include
inlined imagery.

JRM
p.s One week to BGG pre-con days! I can almost smell the
cardboard!
Yeah, I did that also with the same lame claim to 'unfame'! Damm YOUS Gmail! shake
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Society of Watchers
United States
Killbuck
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
elirlandes wrote:
Right click the image in question & then click 'copy'. Then right click in your gmail text and click 'paste'. It really is that easy.

I love gmail.


You rule Marty! The rest of the answers? Scary.


Welcome, this is your friendly neighborhood Chit Chat Forum. Where you can get all your questions answered. thumbsup

Of course, you don't know if you'll ever get the correct answer... Or maybe you get an answer to a question you didn't even know you had... ninja But you'll always get an answer - or a duck. devil

We need a duck animeeple emoticon.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.