Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spencer Beni
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Strategic Planning tactics card allows you to add 2 to any die result before the die is rolled. Does this mean a Cylon can use this to increase the die roll on a early jump (increasing chance of losing population) or on a Cylon ship attack?

Granted, that will pretty much get him sent to the brig, but at the right time, it could be deadly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It does say add to ANY die roll, so technically that should fly. I doubt it was meant to be played like that, but it doesn't necessarily break the rules.

However:
1. Revealed cylons cannot use skill cards for their abilities, only their point values. So you'd have to do this before you reveal yourself.
2. An early jump loses resources on a 6 or lower, so adding to the die roll will only help the humans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Beni
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jormungandr83 wrote:
It does say add to ANY die roll, so technically that should fly. I doubt it was meant to be played like that, but it doesn't necessarily break the rules.

However:
1. Revealed cylons cannot use skill cards for their abilities, only their point values. So you'd have to do this before you reveal yourself.
2. An early jump loses resources on a 6 or lower, so adding to the die roll will only help the humans.

Doh, I mis-read that rule. Thanks for pointing that out. I was wondering why the game was designed so that the Strategic Planning card would not help the humans in an early jump. Obviously it can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eat Steel
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
But it does seem by the rules, but not that thematically, that an unrevealed cylon could use this card in the Activate Cylon Fleet phase to assist Raiders break through the last viper screen or a Basestar get another hit on Galactica - of course they will be brigged next turn so they would either have to take that sacrifice or time it so their turn is next. And if they stockpiled a few of these, and there were a swarm of raiders, it could be a massive blow to Viper stocks and/or the defensive screen in front of the civvies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That is correct.
Revealed Cylons cannot play skill cards (other than into a skill check). Unrevealed Cylons can do it, even from the Brig.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.