Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
I first got the original edition, which I will now offer to someone else, and I just bought the French edition by Filosofia. I have posted some pictures stressing the changes, most of them for good.

The first thing I realized when I put the boxes side by side was that the French one was bigger... Would the board be the reason? No, the board is the same format, only Toronto changed to Montreal and the finish is much better. I guess Filosofia had this box size at hand. They have changed the insert too, a normal central one where all the components lay together.

And then the cards. They are MUCH thinner, when I first tried to put them in my original tuck boxes I thought I was missing almost half the deck! I counted and they are all there, they are just thinner. The finish is much better too, like the board, and they have chosen a white border for the infection deck too. I have created NEW TUCK BOXES with the French art and size.

Concerning the wooden parts, they replaced the huge pawns by DISCS!!! It seems that they wanted normal pawns, but they were delayed and had to include these discs... Are normal pawns doomed or what??? The research stations are smaller and brown, good choices both.

I would say that this edition is better, except for the "pawns". I hope next printing will include normal pawns, and I think Z-Man should take into account the improvements made here for their next printings. As a very good solution to the only problem, I have painted the people I had bought from spielmaterial.de and glued them on top of the discs:

If next printings could include those, THAT would be great!

Miguel

PS: I don't know if the other editions, like the German one, have adopted these changes or not, do you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.