Subject: THIS Is What It's All About rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Seidlitz
Philippines
Davao City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonight I went to CarcaSean (board game cafe) with my 5-year-old son. Our third child is due to be born tomorrow, so I wanted to have some good quality time with big brother before baby brother comes onto the scene and starts demanding our time and attention.

The first game I went for was Cartagena, which I just played (with my wife) for the first time last week. My son immediately understood the goal and mechanics of the game, even if he didn't necessarily understood how to maximize his cards to get further ahead.

I played fairly non-aggressively, taking my time getting my pirates through the corridor. Still, I had all of my pirates well into the second half of the corridor, and my son still had three pirates who hadn't made it past the first few symbols. A couple times, he would get one to advance, only to bring it all the way back to get more cards. I made a big show of disappointment each time at his loss of progress. He replied,

Quote:
It's okay. I'm happy if you win this game, Daddy. I'm just glad that you brought me here.

As am I, son.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad N
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
Unique titles I've played in 2018
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
It's okay. I'm happy if you win this game, Daddy. I'm just glad that you brought me here.

Excellent!!! With three kids (two old enough to play games), I have to say THAT is what it's all about. Nothing better. Thanks for sharing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Munnerlyn
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And all this time we've been told it was the Hokey Pokey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Copple
United States
Northfield
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dangit now i need to buy a KID.... sniff, sniff....

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Seidlitz
Philippines
Davao City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you just need to buy a boardgame cafe. :p

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang! If they only could sell Cartagenas that come with a kid and a boardgame cafe...

Anyway, I would love to have my kid do that (But first, I need a kid...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.