Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate Dray
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
This may not be in the wiki because I used to be able to do it and have done it, but why can't I add games to my "owned" and "wishlist?"

I used to be able to . . .

Thank you and if not anappropriate inquiry here, then where? This site is a bit amoeboid when it comes to certain issues . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Dray
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
And what happened to my purchase history? As a participant in the economic side of BBG, I'd think it would be of importance to keep track of both as a user/patron and a commercial entity, on the other side, no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ʇllıʍ)
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To add a game to your "owned" list or to your "wishlist":

1) go to the games page
2) scroll down to the "User Information"
3) click on the "record information" link
4) click on the "owned" or "wishlist" boxes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
pippinite wrote:
And what happened to my purchase history?

It's still there. At the top of the page under the Bazaar tab, select Marketplace, then select Your Account. On the left, you will see "Purchase History" listed. Mine goes back to my first purchase, which was in 2006.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Dray
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
No. mine is blank.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Dray
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
I don't have a "record info" tab.
I have "Games"- "Info for User"- and the only thing under "wishlist" or "owned" is the old "Add a Game" tab- where you add the games BG code- that I used to use and it doesn't work.

But thanks for trying. Imust just be an idiot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Dray
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
I bought Battle of Buena Vista about 6 months ago. No record under Purchase History... hmmmmm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Dray
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Yeah, no. I don't know what's going on, but I can't do it and if you check my stuff, you'll see that I have previously and now cannot.

And my purchase history is blank. Maybe I'm hallucinating. I'll have to ask the seller if he recalls the transaction. I do have Geekmail from the seller concerning them, though, hmmmm curiouser and curiouser....

ah . . . it's not that I haven't successfully navigated/operated BGG previously and made use of the functions - but NOW they're not working and I have no idea about the history situation -

Do i need some software or admn assistance here, or ?

I do appreciate the efforts to assist, thoughQ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
How strange that it's not working. I see that you have no marketplace ratings. I only have two, but I have four purchases. Still, all four purchases are listed under my purchase history. If you're clicking on the "Purchase History" link and it's blank, I'm not sure what's going on. Hope you are able to get it figured out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Dray
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Vonnegut: "So, it goes."

Thanks for looking!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmbmb
pippinite wrote:
I don't have a "record info" tab.
I have "Games"- "Info for User"- and the only thing under "wishlist" or "owned" is the old "Add a Game" tab- where you add the games BG code- that I used to use and it doesn't work..

The Add a Game tab will add a game to your collection, but will not mark it owned. if you then view your whole collection, by going to My Geek: My collection, you can mark it owned by clicking in the status field.

You can also add a game by going to the bottom of a game page, clicking "Record information" in the user information field.

I see that you have added 6 copies of Lankhmar to your collection, although you have not marked any of them owned.

I don't know why your purchase history is blank--have you bought anything (not counting trades) through the marketplace?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Dray
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Ahhhh . . . Thank you. I'm not sure how quickly the BGG servers update, but impatience may play a role, here...

And yes, I purchased The Battle of Buena Vista several months back here . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Dray
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
OK. I'm an idiot, but about the purchases . . .hmmm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.