Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
And when, exactly, are we playing Churchill again?
mbmbmbmbmb
This may be a stupid question, BUT:
If De Gaulle Leads France is played before NATO is played, will Commie coups and realignments still be allowed in an American controlled France AFTER NATO is finally played? Or does NATO cancel out the previously played De Gaulle?
Thanks, all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Engels
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once De Gaulle is played, effects of NATO are canceled for France regardless of the order in which they're played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nicola caroli
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
They will be allowed. De Gaulle cancels AND / OR PREVENTS NATO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Engels
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeibel wrote:

Unless I misunderstand, your sentences don't agree. First you say USSR coups will be allowed in France. Then you say that De Gaulle cancels and/or prevents NATO (which implies they would not be allowed).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Severian596 wrote:
jeibel wrote:

Unless I misunderstand, your sentences don't agree. First you say USSR coups will be allowed in France. Then you say that De Gaulle cancels and/or prevents NATO (which implies they would not be allowed).

Well, it seems that Nicola is saying that what is not allowed is the anti-coup restriction that NATO causes. Makes sense to me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a double-negative to me. Let's stick with Brad's (first) answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Ullmann
Germany
Alteglofsheim
flag msg tools
mbmb
It's also like that on the 3rd edition card:
De Gaulle prevents/cancels NATO for France (only).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nicola caroli
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
Quote:
Then you say that De Gaulle cancels and/or prevents NATO (which implies they would not be allowed).

On the contrary, it implies they will be allowed as per normal DEFCON restrictions. Why should they not be allowed ? Once De Gaulle is in effect you ignore NATO as if it never existed nor will exist. How can such a simple card cause so much fuss ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeibel wrote:
Quote:
Then you say that De Gaulle cancels and/or prevents NATO (which implies they would not be allowed).

On the contrary, it implies they will be allowed as per normal DEFCON restrictions. Why should they not be allowed ? Once De Gaulle is in effect you ignore NATO as if it never existed nor will exist. How can such a simple card cause so much fuss ?

Yes: I'm starting to regret asking the question!
And by the way: I ain't got no time for no double negatives, so nobody who says that there was a double negative in this here thread don't know nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.