Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Ghost Stories» Forums » Rules

Subject: English version of the FAQ? 5GG for the first to post a translation! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any way to get an english version of the FAQ?

EDIT:

Better yet let's do this old school BGG:

5GG for the first person to upload a translation; and it had better be good not babel fish

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
A link to the French version would help wannabe translators...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chakroun Karim
France
Besancon
Franche-Comté
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
In progress : keep your GG:

Q : If I draw a ghost and place it on another player board, who is subjected to its effects?
A : The owner of the board is subjected to the effects of a ghost (Qi loss, inactivated power)

Q : Can I use my Yin-Yang (token) two times in the same turn?
A : Yes. Yin-Yang can be used, regained with a reward, and used again, in the same turn

Q : With less than 4 players, do you have to bring into play a ghost (Yin Phase) for the neutral boards?
A : Neutral boards never call ghosts into play. However, if the neutral board contains a tormentor ghost, throw the curse die and add a ghost if the relevant face comes up.

Q : When is the game lost?
A : At the moment the last ghost card is drawn. Draw deck is empty, night ends, Wu-feng wins

Q : What happens when the Enfeeblement Mantra is placed on a ghost with a resistance of 1?
A : It will automatically be discarded when an exorcism is performed, it works like the 'Circle of Prayer'. It is never discarded immediately

Q : If the 'Circle of Prayer' tile is haunted, what happens if a tao token is present?
A : The tao token is put back to the reserve

Q : If the "Dark Mistress" ghost is in play, can the players still use the tao token of the 'Circle of Prayer'?
A : Yes

Q : If a ghost is placed on a space occupied by a buddha, does it execute its abilities on the left stone before being discarded?
A : No, a ghost appearing on a buddha tile is immediately discarded, none of its abilities are applied.

Q : Can I put a buddha on any unoccupied tile, and if so, when?
A : Buddhas must be put on boards orthogonally adjacent to the tile where their owner is. They can not be placed the turn they are gained, but in any of the following turns.

Q : With the "Pavilion of the Heavenly Wind " can I move only a ghost, or only a Taoist? What happens when all 12 spaces are occupied by ghosts?
A : You must move BOTH a ghost and a taoist with this action. You cannot move the active player's Taoist, it must always be another player's. This action cannot be used if all the 12 spaces are occupied by ghosts.

Q : Can a Taoist hold more Qi tokens than at the beginning of the game?
A : Yes. the only limit is the number of tokens in the reserve (20)

Incarnations of Wu-Feng :
Q : Nameless: If this incarnation is in play and a player obtain a white face with the Tao die at the herborist, what happens?
A : No Tao token is taken
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Karim,

Please put this onto a doc and upload it. It will make it easier for all to find

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
- If I draw a ghost and it is placed on a board different from mine, who suffers its effetcs?
The owner of the baord (e.g. lose one Qi, power is deactivated).

- May I use my Yin-Yang twice in the same turn=?
Yes. The Yin-Yang may be used, regained as a reward and then reutilized, all in the same turn.

- With less than four players, should I place a ghost in play (Yin Phase) for the neutral boards?
Neutral boards never put new ghosts in play.
However, if the neutral board hosts a Tormentor ghost and the Curse Die is rolled coming up with the "add a ghost" face, then a new ghost must be brought in play.

- In which moment the game is lost when the deck is exahusted?
The game is immediately over as soon as the last card is drawn; the deck is ended, the night is ended, Wu-Feng wins!

- What happens if the Mantra Enfleebement token is placed on a ghost with resistance 1?
The ghost will be automatically discarded when an exorcism is attempted againts it, following the same principle of the "Circle of Prayers" tile. It is never discarded

immediately (just for having resistance 0, you must use an action to exorcise it).

- If the "Circle of Prayers" tile is haunted, what happens of the Tao token present there (if there's one)?
The Tao token is returned to the general pool. If the haunting is cancelled later in the game, the players will have to execute the action once more to place a Tao token

of their choice on the tile.

- If the "Black Widow" ghost is in play, may the Tao token on the "Circle of Prayers" tile be considered for the exorcisims?
Yes (see the player aid: "the Circle of Prayers may still be used").

- Does a ghost placed on a space occupied by a Buddha apply its abilities on the left stone before being discarded?
No, a ghost put into play on a Buddha is directly discarded. All his abilities are ignored.

- May I place a Buddha on any empty place (and when may I place it)?
The Buddha must be placed on an empty place orthogonally adjacent to the tile where the owner of the Buddha is standing. The Buddhas cannot be pklaced in the

turn when they are obtained, but only in any of the following turns.

- May I only move a ghost (or only a Taoist) when using the Pavillon of Heavenly Winds? What happens if all the 12 spaces are occupied by ghosts?
It is mandatory to move both a ghost and a monk. The moved monk cannot be the active player, it must be the one of another player. The action cannot be used if all the 12 spaces are occupied by ghosts.

- May a Taoist have more Qi tokens than he has at the start of the game?
Yes. The only limit is the amount of Qi tokens in the generla pool (20).

Incarnations of Wu-Feng
[Nameless] If this Incarnation is in play, what happens if a white face is rolled on a Tao die when visiting the Herbalist?
No Tao token is received for the white face rolled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chakroun Karim
France
Besancon
Franche-Comté
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
locusshifter wrote:
Karim,

Please put this onto a doc and upload it. It will make it easier for all to find

Take the best from the two translations, and please do it. A pdf will be better than a .doc though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree: post a pdf instead of a doc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff W
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Q : With the "Pavilion of the Heavenly Wind " can I move only a ghost, or only a Taoist? What happens when all 12 spaces are occupied by ghosts?
A : You must move BOTH a ghost and a taoist with this action. You cannot move the active player's Taoist, it must always be another player's. This action cannot be used if all the 12 spaces are occupied by ghosts.

This is just a stupid rule. If all 12 spaces are occupied, it probably means that the players are hanging on by a thread and you forbid them to do something that might be their last gasp effort. If they recover from this situation using this rule, they'll love the game. Also, this rule renders the tile useless in the solo game. Which means that if you don't have a buddha out in the right place if the uncatchable incarnation shows up, you've lost the game. I don't see the advantage (in the sense of making the game "better") in requiring both moves to be done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Zięba
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Check out my first published board game: In the Name of Odin!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have sent an e-mail to the publisher to ask the author to make a FULL FAQ THAT LEAVES NO DOUBTS.
I have seen the author himself writes on BGG from time to time, so this is going to get personal: PLEASE, ANTOINE, HAVE SOMEONE TRANSLATE THE FAQ YOU HAVE ALREADY, ADD ANY AMBIGOUS RULES WRITTEN DOWN ON BGG AND PUT IT ON-LINE IN .pdf FORMAT...
Sorry for the caps lock it's just that I can't understand why it's not yet here. The game had it's premiere more than a month ago, and there are numerous issues with the rules. PLEASE CLARIFY!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.