Pablo Klinkisch
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden-W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I just uploaded a new version of the gamebox wich now includes the expansion deck for Era IV and a scenario file for the solitaire variant.
Please let me know any mistakes you might find!

Pablo
P.S: You might have to wait a little until the file is approved, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Klinkisch
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden-W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The file is now approved and ready to be downloaded.
Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Gamebox some kind of program? If so where can I get it? Googling "gamebox" came up with way too much stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike D
Thailand
Bangkok
Please choose a state
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joshua the Gamer wrote:
Is Gamebox some kind of program? If so where can I get it? Googling "gamebox" came up with way too much stuff.

I'm sure the gamebox is for a program called Cyberboard. You can download it from here http://cyberboard.brainiac.com/ .

IMO Vassal is a better medium but there are lots of gameboxes out there for Cyberboard and if you don't have it, it's worth checking out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No Origins module for Vassal and I can't seem to get this file to work for cyberboard cry Oh well. Was hoping I could use this to play with a friend who moved out of state.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike D
Thailand
Bangkok
Please choose a state
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joshua the Gamer wrote:
No Origins module for Vassal and I can't seem to get this file to work for cyberboard cry Oh well. Was hoping I could use this to play with a friend who moved out of state.

I just downloaded to check it out. Works fine for me - but the download was slow and aborted the first time. Check you got the correct filesize if you can't unpack the .rar file.

Looks like a great gamebox for PBEM but the cards are a little small for my poor eyesight. Should be fine if you have them handy next to you for reading the detail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure what I'm doing wrong Mike but it won't open the main file. It will open the solitare and 5-player scenario files but the one Origins.gbx file just says "Not a game file" for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike D
Thailand
Bangkok
Please choose a state
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joshua the Gamer wrote:
Not sure what I'm doing wrong Mike but it won't open the main file. It will open the solitare and 5-player scenario files but the one Origins.gbx file just says "Not a game file" for me.

Hi Joshua, I'm not hugely familiar with CB but I took another look. CB comes with two executables CBDesign.exe and CBPlay.exe .

If you're opening the scenarios in CBPlay already that's enough to play the game so you should be good to go. There are two steps to do it:

1) you can use File... New to create a new scenario (.gsn) based on a gamebox file (.gbx) - a scenario defines the initial setup, and Origins comes with two scenarios pre-built. I'm not sure if you'll need to tweak them before starting a PBEM game - I think one is for 5-6 players and the other for solo.

2) Once you have a scenario file to play with then use File.. New to start a new game (.gam) based on that scenario (.gsn). This game file is the one you'll actually be playing with.

If you start up CBDesign.exe, here's where you can open the gamebox file .gbx and edit the boards and counters graphics or whatever, but you don't play from here.

I hope that helps, I've not actually played a game with CB so I'm certainly no expert. Hey, if you can get it working I'd really love to join your PBEM, or work through a trial game with you. I've had Origins for a while but done little except skim the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mike. That does help a lot. I'm gonna be messing around with it to get the feel of the program. When my friend and I do start a game I'll be glad to include you. My friend gets a little weird about trying things like this so I may not be able to get him to warm up to itsoblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.