Popular Tags: [View All]
Timothy Hunt
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I'd made full notes of the cards we used.

So, we played a game where we dealt out 10 random cards. We agreed before hand that the second game would work like this:

The winner chooses 2 of the 10. They get removed. 2 of the 15 remaining get randomly put into the supply. The other player then choose 2 of the 8 from the first game, after seeing the 2 new cards, and 2 new random ones are added.

Here's what I do remember about the second game.

My wife removed the chapel (boo!) and the Thief. Throne Room was in the game. I removed Cellar and Festival, and after they were replaced, the only card with additional actions was the Laboratory. I knew that I was going to have a Throne Room / Laboratory heavy deck, so that I could get the multiple actions. Other pertinent cards in play were the Gardens, Council Room, Workshop. There were no attack cards, and the Moat was in play too.

Karyn had been carefully building her deck with Gardens, and a few Provinces,and thought I was ignoring them for the Provinces (As I'd done that the previous game, using the Chapel to keep my deck nice and trim).
Towards the end of the game, I had a wonderful run, where I played I think a total of 4 Throne rooms, variously with the Laboratory, Workshop, Moat, and Council room

My twice-played Workshop gained me two Gardens. My Buy phase had 20 coins and 3 buys, with which I bought two Provinces and another Garden. Oh was that a sweet moment.

Unfortunately, she managed to pick up the last Province to end the game, and won by 5 points. Certainly close enough that it could easily have gone the other way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.