Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arthur
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll: What are your ratings of the Bang! characters?
1. What are your ratings of the characters from the original Bang!?
  5 - A perfect character. I tent my fingertips and mutter "excellent" when dealt this character 4 - I really like it when I am this character, but they're not perfect 3 - There are better characters; and there are worse ones 2 - I really don't like being dealt this character, though they have some good points 1 - I drop down to my knees and scream "WHY, GOD, WHY?!" when I am dealt this character
Bart Cassidy, 4: Each time he is hit, he draws a card.
Black Jack, 4: He shows the second card he draws. On Heart or Diamonds, he draws one more card.
Calamity Janet, 4: She can play BANG! cards as Missed! cards and vice versa.
El Gringo, 3: Each time he is hit by a player, he draws a card from the hand of that player.
Jesse Jones, 4: He may draw his first card from the hand of a player.
Jourdonnais, 4: Whenever he is the target of a BANG!, he may "draw!": on a Heart, he is missed.
Kit Carlson, 4: He looks at the top three cards of the deck and chooses the 2 to draw.
Lucky Duke, 4: Each time he "draws!", he flips the top two cards and chooses one.
Paul Regret, 3: All players see him at a distance incresed by 1.
Pedro Ramirez, 4: He may draw his first card from the discard pile.
Rose Doolan, 4: She sees all players at a distance decreased by 1.
Sid Ketchum, 4: He may discard 2 cards to regain one life point.
Slab the Killer, 4: Player needs 2 Missed! cards to cancel his BANG! card.
Suzy Lafayette, 4: As soon as she has no cards in hand, she draws a card.
Vulture Sam, 4: Whenever a player is eliminated from play, he takes in hand all the cards of that player.
Willy the Kid, 4: He can play any number of BANG! cards.
2. What are your ratings of the characters from Bang! - Dodge City?
  5 - A perfect character. I tent my fingertips and mutter "excellent" when dealt this character 4 - I really like it when I am this character, but they're not perfect 3 - There are better characters; and there are worse ones 2 - I really don't like being dealt this character, though they have some good points 1 - I drop down to my knees and scream "WHY, GOD, WHY?!" when I am dealt this character
Apache Kid, 3: Cards of Diamonds played by other players do not affect him.
Belle Star, 4: During her turn, cards in play in front of other players have no effect.
Bill Noface, 4: He draws 1 card, plus 1 card for each wound he has.
Chuck Wengham, 4: During his turn, he may choose to lose 1 life point to draw 2 cards.
Doc Holyday, 4: During his turn, he may discard once 2 cards from the hand to shoot a BANG!
Elena Fuente, 3: She may use any card as Missed!
Greg Digger, 4: Each time another player is eliminated, he regains 2 life points.
Herb Hunter, 4: Each time another player is eliminated, he draws 2 extra cards.
Jose Delgado, 4: During his turn, he may discard a blue card from the hand to draw 2 cards.
Molly Stark, 4: Each time she uses a card from her hand out of turn, she draws a card.
Pat Brennan, 4: He may draw only one card in play in front of another player.
Pixie Pete, 3: He draws 4 cards instead of 2.
Sean Mallory, 3: He may hold in his hand any number of cards.
Tequila Joe, 4: Each time he plays a Beer, he regains 2 life points instead of 1.
Vera Custer, 3: For one whole round, she gains the same ability of another character in play of her choice.
3. What are your ratings of the promo cards?
Johnny Kisch, 4: Each time he puts a card into play, all other cards in play with the same name are discarded.
Uncle Will, 4: Once during his turn, he may play any card from hand as a General Store.
Claus “The Saint”, 3: He draws one card more than the number of players, keeps 2 for himself, then gives 1 to each player.
      100 answers
Poll created by OldestManOnMySpace

Poll
What are your ratings of the characters from Bang! Wild West Show?
Big Spencer, 9: He starts with 5 cards. He can't play Missed!
Flint Westwood, 4: During his turn, he may trade one card from hand with 2 cards at random from the hand of another player.
Gary Looter, 5: He draws all excess cards discarded by other players at the end of their turn.
Greygory Deck, 4: At the start of his turn, he may draw 2 characters at random. He has all the abilities of the drawn characters.
John Pain, 4: If he has less than 6 cards in hand, each time any player "draws!", John adds the card just drawn to his hand.
Lee Van Kliff, 4: During his turn, he may discard a BANG! to repeat the effect of a brown-bordered card he just played.
Teren Kill, 3: Each time he would be eliminated, "draw!": if it is not Spades, Teren stays at 1 life point, and draws 1 card.
Youl Grinner, 4: Before drawing, players with more hand cards than him must give him one card of their choice.
      20 answers
Poll created by OldestManOnMySpace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm. One of the things I like about Bang is that I don't have to think this much about it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Riley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We usually deal two characters to each player, who picks one to use and then uses the back of the other card for the bullet track. So we only do pair-wise comparisons of characters. AND it can matter what role you have regarding which character you pick. For example, given the choice between Elena Fuente and Slab the Killer, I'd probably pick the former when the Sheriff or Renegade and the latter when the Outlaw or Deputy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xenongames wrote:
We usually deal two characters to each player, who picks one to use and then uses the back of the other card for the bullet track. So we only do pair-wise comparisons of characters. AND it can matter what role you have regarding which character you pick. For example, given the choice between Elena Fuente and Slab the Killer, I'd probably pick the former when the Sheriff or Renegade and the latter when the Outlaw or Deputy.

We do this same thing. Although I always let players know it is a house rule, I think it is a house rule I would never want to play with out. Some times it is fun to think about how different things would have been if you had just picked that other role.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Orford
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wow... Jesse James' low rating really surprises me! I believe myself that this is the one overly strong character that really should have been taken down a peg. Additionally, I don't like JJ to be in the game because he can (and tactically SHOULD) make the game miserable for one other player by consistently handicapping that player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.