Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Agricola» Forums » General

Subject: Price Rise rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Puopolo
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With Agricola's RRP in Australia now having hit $140, i was curious about what the RRP for it was in other parts of the world?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
$75 CAD last I checked.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess here in Germany it's 40 euros.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Nunes
Portugal
Odivelas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Here it's 70 euros without animeeples.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bestia immonda
Italy
Bologna
Bologna
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ghosthack wrote:
Here it's 70 euros without animeeples.


WTF!

here in Italy is around 40-45!!!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giles Pritchard
Australia
Shepparton
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully, as the game is finally imported through the usual distributor for Z-Man games (Funatical), the price will start to fall a little. Many of the stores that have it for sale have bought the games directly from the states - usually from online retailers, and the significant fall in the value of the Aussie dollar vs the US dollar mean that buying like that is not as cheap as it was.

Only time will tell I guess, fingers crossed!

(also fingers crossed for those preorders Funatical are having shipped over!!)

Cheers,

Giles.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The UK RRP is £45


N.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Nunes
Portugal
Odivelas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
nicktaruffi wrote:
ghosthack wrote:
Here it's 70 euros without animeeples.


WTF!

here in Italy is around 40-45!!!


I hope I was kidding you, but I'm not, Agricola Z-Man version here in Portugal is 70€ nothing more nothing less, and it doesn't even come with animeeples to compensate that price. (I admit some places are selling it at 60€ but it is rare)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Puopolo
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
caradoc wrote:
Hopefully, as the game is finally imported through the usual distributor for Z-Man games (Funatical), the price will start to fall a little. Many of the stores that have it for sale have bought the games directly from the states - usually from online retailers, and the significant fall in the value of the Aussie dollar vs the US dollar mean that buying like that is not as cheap as it was.

Only time will tell I guess, fingers crossed!

Personally i am not getting my hopes up as i just saw Dominion hit the shelves here and it is costing $90-$100 AUD. As far as i can tell this is just profiteering based on perceived supply and demand.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
$NZ it's at around $125 to $130.

I think you might find that the exchange rate has a lot to do with this. The $A and the $NZ have dropped significantly in the last 3 months against most of the currencies from which we buy games $US, GBP and Euro. Most of this seems to be due to the financial crisis, with large investors reluctant to put their funds in "marginal" currencies like the $A and the $NZ.

The irony in all of this is that our banks (in Aust and NZ) are as I understand it very solid as we have extremely well-regulated banking systems, whereas the US and to some extent European banks are more shaky.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Puopolo
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
liken@xtra.co.nz wrote:
$NZ it's at around $125 to $130.

I think you might find that the exchange rate has a lot to do with this. The $A and the $NZ have dropped significantly in the last 3 months against most of the currencies from which we buy games $US, GBP and Euro. Most of this seems to be due to the financial crisis, with large investors reluctant to put their funds in "marginal" currencies like the $A and the $NZ.

While i agree that this is a large part of it i can't help but look at Race for the Galaxy which is still $50-$60 AUD (which is already a lot for a card game) and wonder.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Milsims got restocks this week. AU$114. Still expensive considering it was $95 three months ago. But the US$ is still strong.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Puopolo
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shawn_low wrote:
Milsims got restocks this week. AU$114. Still expensive considering it was $95 three months ago. But the US$ is still strong.

Yeah, noticed MilSims was still the cheapest around (one perk of being a board gamer in Melbourne). As far as i can tell Mind Games is the most expensive advertising it at $140.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackDragon1200 wrote:
With Agricola's RRP in Australia now having hit $140, i was curious about what the RRP for it was in other parts of the world?


I payed around 70$ for it, shipping included. And we in Croatia usually heavily overpay for games when counting in all the costs (usually the price tag is at least 50% bigger then for USA/EU folks, often more).

So, 140$ sounds a bit expensive to me. I sure as hell wouldn't pay that much, even though this is certainly one of my favorite games.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.