Popular Tags: [View All]
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm totally confused about how reinforcements work, or at least I have no idea if I'm reading this right.

The rules say about placing units in the edge of the board. Do you have to do this and then start paying resources to move them forward turn by turn?

So I can use trucks to move supply tokens. Does that mean that I can only supply 1 hex per truck or can I supply many hexes if I dont enter a ZOC.

When I advance units into a new Hex do the supply tokens in the starting hex move with them?

The rules also say you can move troops in a truck, but once again, I have no idea what that means, how many troops can I move in a truck, can a truck move troops and supply? How many can one truck move in a single turn?

Any help welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FNH1 wrote:
The rules say about placing units in the edge of the board. Do you have to do this and then start paying resources to move them forward turn by turn?

Yes. Movement onto the board is free, but once units are there you need Supplies to move them. If Trucks are available in the Offboard Area, new units may also be brought onto the board by them (see below).

FNH1 wrote:
So I can use trucks to move supply tokens. Does that mean that I can only supply 1 hex per truck or can I supply many hexes if I dont enter a ZOC.

A Truck can pick up units and Supplies as it moves, however it can't unload until it stops moving. So, it can only unload into a single hex.

FNH1 wrote:
When I advance units into a new Hex do the supply tokens in the starting hex move with them?

No. Supplies can only be moved by Trucks. Of course, if there are Trucks in the hex, they may load up Supplies and move them.

FNH1 wrote:
The rules also say you can move troops in a truck, but once again, I have no idea what that means, how many troops can I move in a truck, can a truck move troops and supply? How many can one truck move in a single turn?

A Truck can carry six units at once. These may be Infantry, Artillery, Supplies, or any mixture of those things. For example, a Truck may carry three Infantry, one Artillery and two Supplies. See pages 11 and 18-21 in the Operations Manual.

Also, be sure to see the FAQ for more information. It includes a detailed explanation of how Trucks work. Let me know if you have more questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Crowder
Canada
North Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Yes. Movement onto the board is free, but once units are there you need Supplies to move them.

Uh ... you do? Uh-oh.

So I place a new tank from reinforcements on the edge of the map where it's allowed to appear. Now I want to move that tank to the battlefront, into position. I pay a supply to do that? If so, from my supply allocation for this turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Units moving onto the board as reinforcements get their full movement allotment. In the case of Trucks (and Tanks, as long as they enter the board on a road hex), they can move along the road as normal. The only Supplies you pay for reinforcement movement are for blitzing Tanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Crowder
Canada
North Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, that's the way we've played it. Units that were already on the board use supplies to move. New reinforcements just coming in will move for free, essentially.

Never thought of blitzing with reinforcement tanks, for some reason; that's a good thing to remember.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it comes in handy. Just remember that to blitz with reinforcement Tanks it costs one Supply token for each Tank division or brigade (as defined on the Reinforcement chart) that blitzes, and those tokens are paid from the off-board Supplies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.